Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Im confused.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I got a paper the other day about my cash and food stamps, saying they was suspeneding my assistance til i give them information on my job. I cant start my job til my background comes back because where im working at. Srs saying they didnt get my employment sheet, my job faxed them a letter stating i got the job offer and its pending due to the background check. What else do they expect from me? So i called srs and talked to someone and she said she will talk to her supervisor about it, her supervisor told her to call my job to talk to them and they did. Srs called me back and said they got it verified but i wont get cash nomore due to this job but i told her i dont get money yet but she said they consider me employed. So.now the reused my food stamps but higher sense i dont get cash. I used to get $271 in cash and $156 in food, now its $0 in cadh and $212 in food. Its ok on the food part but we dont make it as is. So sense i am waiting on my job to call so i can start, i been going to temp places for work. Its only like $38 to 56 daily but it helps. Srs is mailing a emplyment sheet again but usually it has a due date but sense my job is waiting on the background check there isnt going to be a due date. When i know i have to start thats when i will fill it out, until then i am still doing this temp job. Today, i have to call to see if they have work so i can get some stuff for my kids. We are having it rough and i wish i can do something about this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Oh my. I am sorry you are struggling. You just have you hang on somehow until you get your first check.
On a completely unrelated note, holy cow... read what you wrote, out loud to yourself.
ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This and especially the highlighted part

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Oh my. I am sorry you are struggling. You just have you hang on somehow until you get your first check.
On a completely unrelated note, holy cow... read what you wrote, out loud to yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Sorry, im mobile so i cant edit.

We was doing good til they said my cash is stopping. I hate this temp job but i have to do what i have to do for my family. I hate the fact my ds hates that he cant see me like he use to but i have to do this to make ends meat.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

A lot of us have jobs we're not thrilled with. I lost my dream job a yr ago.. In the long run, you will be so much better off.You know being a patent means you have to do what is required to provide for your family.

Im sure he does miss you. In general thats how all children feel about working parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I know. Ds is a huge mommas boys and when he clings i just cry. Once my job says to come in then i dont need temp jobs and be away different hours. With my job its a fixed schedule, dd hates it but dont complain like ds kind of does. Ds is 3 is he had alot of stuff happen sense he was 2 and dont want to talk about the last year and stuff. It breaks my heart that my ds thinks im abandoning him. This is what i have to do. When i did the friday, i spent maybe 3 hours with my kids then i left and didnt see ds til sunday. Dh took ds to see my parents and let him stay the weekend and it hurted ds because he couldnt see me. It hurt me too.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Quoting Anonymous:

A lot of us have jobs we're not thrilled with. I lost my dream job a yr ago.. In the long run, you will be so much better off.You know being a patent means you have to do what is required to provide for your family.

Im sure he does miss you. In general thats how all children feel about working parents.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Have your work write a letter saying how much you will make, how often you will be paid, and what a typical schedule will look like WHEN the background check is cleared but as of date, you are not on the schedule yet.

2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM
YES to Both of these comments!!!

I do hope your situation gets better.
It sounds like your doing the best you can OP-- KEEP IT UP! You WILL make it. There is light at the of the tunnel.

Quoting ajnmadismommy:

This and especially the highlighted part

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Thats what they basically said. But it wasnt good enough for srs so.when i called, they called my job and talked to them. Then they called me back and said the reissused my case but i wont get cash nomore, just food because they consider me employed.

Quoting PEEK05:

Have your work write a letter saying how much you will make, how often you will be paid, and what a typical schedule will look like WHEN the background check is cleared but as of date, you are not on the schedule yet.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM

It sounds like you are trying. Just keep going and youll eventually dig your way out!

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Sorry you are struggling, sounds like you are doing what you have to do.

It is odd that cash is cut already bc that typically goes by income, not if you are employed.

On a side note (I'm sure this will come off bitchy but oh well), consider taking an English/Spelling class, honestly those who speak properly have a tendency to advance further in their jobs & if you are constantly spelling things wrong that won't help w/your employer, future advancements or future employment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)