Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question maid of honor related.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

A little background. 

Okay so 4 years ago my sister got pregnant and while she was pregnant she and baby daddy had a shot gun wedding. They rented a venue and did the whole shebang with the white dress and I was her maid of honor and she had two friends as bridesmaids. I was honestly shocked she wanted me to be her MOH  because we never were really close and I was also pregnant by my at the time husband (court house wedding before I got pregnant) anyway we both had boys 3 months apart from each other and got really close. Well my husband and I after 5 years just could not get along and separated. Well he went and lied about me to everyone because I started dating my best friend. I've known him since middle school. My sister and her husband decided they wanted to be buddies with my ex and took his side. For the record i never asked them to take sides they did it all on there own. She now calls me a cheater because I got pregnant before my divorce was finalized and she talks a lot of shit about my fiancé and me. But she is obsessed with my daughter. She always begs us to let her hold our daughter every time we run into her at our grandmothers house. She made a fuss because I wouldn't let her change dd's diaper. She also made an obscene comment about dd's vagina being so cute and fat. It really freaked me out. So I never leave her alone with dd. I just don't feel comfortable around her. She's nice now to us in front of our grandmother but she always talks about my ex husband and its just annoying. (My ex and I are on good terms).  

Anyway so my fiancé and I are planning to get married but we don't plan on having a wedding party. We want the pretty wedding but something pretty and small. I know my sister is going to make a fuss about not being my MOH. But I feel like she doesn't deserve to be. She never supported me or was ever there for me during my divorce. I needed my best friend and she was over at my ex husbands getting high with him and his new girlfriend talking bad about me. My mom defends my sister to know end though. She says that when I got divorced it affected everyone not just us and our son. That she felt betrayed because I ruined her life. But what none of them know is that my ex and I together agreed that our marriage wasn't working out and for our son we were better of separating. We fell out of love. But apparently he was either lying to me or just doesn't care and lied to my sister to get a feud going. He gets a kick out of causing drama. 

So my question is am I wrong for feeling like she does not deserve to be in my wedding? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I would tell her to get bent.
ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
No. And you're not going to have a maid of honor at all right? So she shouldn't have a problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM

No. I wouldn't have her be my MOH or even in my wedding. I'd probably invite her and not be too upset if she declines the invitation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being ridiculous about it before I send out the invitations. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

damn can you condense? shit

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I would tell her to get bent.

I haven't heard this phrase in years LOL, but yeah..pretty much this.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Kick her and the Drama to the curb and kick your Brothers ARSE !

angevil53
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
No things happen. You fell out so she's not moh material anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My brother? 

Quoting mom_dl6:

Kick her and the Drama to the curb and kick your Brothers ARSE !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)