Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insurances............ do you have them ALL?????? *** Poll Included***

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 104 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have enough insurance????

Options:

Yes I have every type I should!

Only the minimum I think it is a waste of money

Only the minimum because i can't afford more but would if I could

I just pay as I go and pray nothing bad ever happens

Other.... please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

so tell me ----  do you have the major insurances covered 

Home owners (or renters)

Life insurance on both you and SO - enough to cover the house or debt or care for you kids if you should both pass???

Medical for everyone in your family?  Including dental and optical???

Auto insurance (full coverage - not just liability?)

back up life/medical like Afflac?  

what other insurance do you pay for????

*** no i am not an insurance person - i am just curious 

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I wish we had identity theft insurance, bigger life insurance policies, and there was another insurance I was thinking about the other day and now I can't remember what it was. lol

mhaney03
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM

nope, nope, nope, kids are on state medical but are about to be put back on military insurance thru their dad.  I have no insurance on anything.  I make too much to qualify myself for state medicaid yet there's no way in hell I can afford a private plan, and my governer refuses to implement the insurance exchanges mandated by ovomit care.

I don't have a car

my mom has life insurance policies on me and all my kids.

Momtogirls0823
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

We have all vehicles fully insured, including our RV.  We both have life insurance and we have homeowners insurance.  Everyone is fully covered on medical, dental, and vision insurance.  :)

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I have all of those, but my health insurance sucks.

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

i don't worry about the identity theft because i don't use credit cards and I shred everything - even though I know I am still at risk (everyone is) but I have a fantastic bank with tight monitoring - and have never had an incident yet....  I check my credit report anually and so far nothing that isn't mine is on there!!!!  :)  

Celtic_Dragon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I find it ironic you call it ovomit care when it would have helped you in your situation here.

Quoting mhaney03:

nope, nope, nope, kids are on state medical but are about to be put back on military insurance thru their dad.  I have no insurance on anything.  I make too much to qualify myself for state medicaid yet there's no way in hell I can afford a private plan, and my governer refuses to implement the insurance exchanges mandated by ovomit care.

I don't have a car

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

we have medical, life ( with afflac) and we have auto insurance

mhaney03
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM

my work here is done.

Quoting Celtic_Dragon:

I find it ironic you call it ovomit care when it would have helped you in your situation here.

Quoting mhaney03:

I don't have a car

MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

We had medical, dental, optical, home and life insurance.  We don't need auto insurance because we are walkers, bikers and public transport people.  

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

We have the following:

*Health (This includes imaging, lab, and prescription cards)

*Vision

*Dental

*These are all paid with one premium through the union at dh's job. The insurance kicks major butt compared to the private policy crap we held for years at his last job.  

Homeowners (Is that one word?)

Dh has liability coverage on the car he drives to and from work. It's less than a mile drive total each day. lol

I have full coverage on my Trailblazer. I added rental coverage so if our car were ever in the shop after a claim, my rental car is covered.  

We have a whole life policy on dh and term on both kids that can, and will, be rolled over to whole at the age of 21. It's much like Gerber's policies, but better and through dh's union. I am currently not covered, but at the time we picked up the policy we couldn't afford my coverage easily, since dh got his new job we just haven't made the appointment cover me. **We didn't cover me because I am a SAHM and I monetarily I would be less of a hit than dh would be, since I would need money to pay bills, etc. until I found full time work.** 

Dh also has a short term disability plan (like Aflac) through our life insurance company. It pays up to 12 weeks if he were injured and unable to work. I think it's something like 75% of his regular income. One of those "just in case" things that makes us feel more secure, I guess. lol

Oh and cell phone insurance because dh is a pro at getting phones wet. LOL  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)