Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people suck.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
We have lived on base for the past four years. We have had all types of neighbors. The good, bad and the ugly . Six months ago our best friends moved, it happens but it really sucked. The new people that moved in have been less than nice but we try to be civil. Last Monday a lady from housing stopped by to say she had received a phone call from the neighbors saying that our dog was terrorizing their child. First off, our dog stays indoors unless she goes out on her leash with me to potty. Housing told me just to make sure there's no contact.

Friday another housing lady stopped to inform us we would be having an inspection inside our house because again the people next door were saying the outside was "a disaster". It wasn't. So we busted our asses to make this place look brand new. They came at 8 this morning. They said that our home was fine and she apologized for everything. However, she did say that if they get another complaint they have to take it to my husband's command.

We have done nothing to these people but be nice, I do not understand why they are trying to make our life miserable.

This is just a vent oh and our house is always clean I can take photos to prove it. We have eight months left then we move, I can't wait.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have your husband talk to his commander, anyway. Let him know what's going on, maybe his commander can talk with this other guys commander or something. False accusations are a big deal and they should get in trouble.

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM

this

Quoting Lyssa0587:

I would have your husband talk to his commander, anyway. Let him know what's going on, maybe his commander can talk with this other guys commander or something. False accusations are a big deal and they should get in trouble.

beaugrl0824
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely this!!!!! Cover your ass just in case.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
That's a great idea. His command is wonderful and very supportive. I honestly don't know who exactly is the service member in this family, all we have is their last name.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow sounds like it sucks to live on base.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

His commander obviously knows your family alot better than these people do and since they have gone this far already, I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt of doing it again. Precautionary steps need to be taken so things don't go too far. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a great idea. His command is wonderful and very supportive. I honestly don't know who exactly is the service member in this family, all we have is their last name.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Ugh the joys of base living!!! I'm sorry, report their house lol. Even if it gets reported to his co there's not much they can do if the accusations are false, and the other couple could get into trouble for harassment.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM

OH I'm sorry, that sucks.  I would defintely have him talk to his command.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I would start taking a daily pic of the outside and of the inside. That way, may it'll be THEIR behinds in hot water for lying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Honestly, aside from this we have very much enjoyed it. We had been blessed with wonderful neighbors until now. We used to do family dinners our kids all played together, there was always people in and out of the house. There are downsides to almost every place you live it cant always be sunshine and rainbows.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Wow sounds like it sucks to live on base.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)