Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aggghhh im going to kill someone at dollar tree...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
So last thurs I went to dollar tree with my neighbor. She forgot her wallet so I gave her my cash and charged my $13.75 transaction. The next day it hit my account 3 times. I worked all weekend so this morning I went onto my online banking and saw I was charged yet again! I called to see what documents I needed to get this all refunded and was given major attitude and called a liar. How many more times can this happen. This last transaction caused my account to be negative and I will probably get an overdraft charge. I am a single struggling mom and $45 is a huge deal to me. Plus the overdraft fees it will take me weeks to recover from this. And who knows how long it will take to refund this. I am so fired up I can't even go down there, especially since when the manager called me a liar I called him a cocksucker.... ugh trying to calm down so I can get this taken care of but I'm ready to flip!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom-x-2
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM

BUMP!

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

You need to go to your bank. Explain the situation to them calmly and they'll most likely return your funds to you and cancel any overdraft fees.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Call your bank.  This happened to us and the bank reversed the charges on the duplicate transaction before I even relized we had been double charged.

joeynwillsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Get it straightened out through the bank, not the store. A) its usually a lot faster and B) since the manager is already unwilling to help you, the bank will deal with it on your behalf.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Show the charges to your bank and explain that the manager won't talk to you and called you a liar.   Also, if the bank says you need to settle it with dollar tree, then you could call the corporate offices of dollar tree and fax them a copy of your bank statement showing the exact same charge four times...(black out personal numbers you don't want them to have, but leave enough that they can see it's yours and what bank.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Lmao at calling him a cock sucker.... Contact your bank, they will deal with it
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I'd call the bank.

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

call your bank and have them do the dirty work, that's what mine did when a cable company took money out of my account when it wasn't approved......and it wasn't a cable company I'd ever had before.....

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Go to your bank. Explain to them what happened and if they see three back to back transactions from the same vendor, for the same amount, within minutes of each other, most banks will drop the multiple charges and subsequent overdraft fees that incurred from them and leave only one. They will explain it however that if they find those charges to be valid that the transactions will return and you will be responsible for any fees because of it. Most banks do this immediately and will have the money refunded into your account with 1-24 business hours depending on how they operate.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Call your bank!

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)