Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else flu-paranoid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

We are starting to stay home more because of the flu. I am considering pulling ds from preschool this week--just for the week--because flu is sweeping through (one dad is on a ventilator from complications).

Full disclosure, we have pretty severe asthma, so flu really could be deadly for me and one son. We already have bad colds, but not the flu.

Dh says I am a little paranoid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM

No.  None of them are asthmatic or anything else like that though.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mommyoftwo103
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM

No. But we really don't have any health problems. I don't blame you though. You should be careful. 

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My household has already been hit this year. I think we're safe.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM

No.

I'm 48 and have never had it and I think I only know of one person who claims they did.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM

No. My boys do have mild asthma, but we have our own breathing treatments and equipment if needed.

If they were severe asthmatics, I would probably be more paranoid too. Make sure they are getting lots of vitamin D and C and washing their hands often.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

unsuspected
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
No. People get sick life goes on. Every year its the same freak out and rush for flu shots. I'm more uneasy about what's in the flu shots than getting sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Yeah I get paranoid, bit not so much that it stops NY everyday routine with the exception of just more cleaning and washing hands. Doesn't matter though, I came down with that flu anyways lol.
sammygrl77
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Not really anymore. DS was in the ER before Christmas and tested positive for RSV and swine flu. He has health issues, so it can easily land him in the hospital.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Took the words right out of my mouth. Each year they say the flu is so bad blah blah blah. Seems the same to me year after year

Quoting unsuspected:

No. People get sick life goes on. Every year its the same freak out and rush for flu shots. I'm more uneasy about what's in the flu shots than getting sick.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM

No,my girls are vaccinated.  Im not, but hell, if I get sick, I just take a sick day from work and get to lay at home in bed!  LOL!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)