Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone use straight talk?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

My dh and I were thinking of changing to straight talk for the $45/mth, he was reading and it said that basically the internet access is limited, you can play videos, no internet raido, or uploading and downloading. But they offer iphone and galexys. So I am wondering how much of it is true? It wont be worth it if we have to give up our internet access because 90 percent of the time we use the internet on the phones more than at home. So if anyone has it do you get good internet access? Is it worth changing from a regular plan?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Bump

Decker
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I have a phone from straight talk but don't like using the net on it. I think if you had a better phone it might work better. The net takes a while to load when I have used it though.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Well we would probably be getting the galexy 2s. I plan on going in a talking to them but I know they will say anything to get a sale sometimes, or I will get an idiot who knows nothing about it lol.

Quoting Decker:

I have a phone from straight talk but don't like using the net on it. I think if you had a better phone it might work better. The net takes a while to load when I have used it though.

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Yes we have straight talk and I have an Android phone and I can do everything on it, works great.  It's like a tablet...plus I get wifi too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I have Striaght talk. I also have a Galaxy .

Whatever the phones capabilities are, you can do with straight talks unlimited plan ( $45)

RandiBear
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I have been using straight talk for three years now and the only way the internet is limited is by the phone you get. When I had the cheaper phone, I couldn't do much of anything on it, but when I upgraded to the android zte (which is now outdated) that changed. The only issue I have ever had has been with the phone itself and that has been due to my son throwing mine onto the sidewalk right after purchase. My husband has only ever had user error (not tech saavy that one) issues. The company itself has been awesome and you can prepay your service for months, which ends up saving you close to a month's worth of service. A full year's service for $500 is a bargain no matter which way you look at it.  I would go for it if I were you!

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Well. The walmart sales associates dont get a commission on the sale of straight talk so no worries about them just trying to get a sale lol
I sell straight talk through walmart...I have never heard of the internet access being limited like that. You arent allowed to tether or use your phone as a hotspot. Straight talk will deactivate the phone if you do. You can do videos...I havent heard that you cant do internet radio. with the galaxy or iphone you wont have any problem uploading or downloading.
The galaxy s2 goes through att towers. the iphones go through verizon towers.
straight talks customer service number is 1-877-430-cell if you want to give them a call about the internet radio. But I have not heard any complaints on the internet access. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
rockin2_manyMOM
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Quoting RandiBear:

I have been using straight talk for three years now and the only way the internet is limited is by the phone you get. When I had the cheaper phone, I couldn't do much of anything on it, but when I upgraded to the android zte (which is now outdated) that changed. The only issue I have ever had has been with the phone itself and that has been due to my son throwing mine onto the sidewalk right after purchase. My husband has only ever had user error (not tech saavy that one) issues. The company itself has been awesome and you can prepay your service for months, which ends up saving you close to a month's worth of service. A full year's service for $500 is a bargain no matter which way you look at it.  I would go for it if I were you!

If it is the zte merit that you have...we get a lot of complaints on that phone. The huawi (I can never spell or say it right lol) ascend y is one of the best lower cost phones. $100...and it goes through verizon towers.
RandiBear
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quoting rockin2_manyMOM:

Quoting RandiBear:

If it is the zte merit that you have...we get a lot of complaints on that phone. The huawi (I can never spell or say it right lol) ascend y is one of the best lower cost phones. $100...and it goes through verizon tow

Huh, I figured it was from being thrown. Maybe it was the phone then lol So the huawi is a good phone? I wasn't sure because I have never heard of the brand. My hubby was looking at that one because he dropped his phone in water and the speaker went out on it so it's basically a texting only phone right now lol

loveerosalea
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Might as well get metro
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)