Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids have lice; school doesnt know.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I know for a fact that 3-5 children at the school here have HORRIBLE head lice. 

Four treatments each and its still horrible. two treatments is suppose to clear it up.

One kid they had to shave her hair down to look like a boy because they can't control it and they gave up hoping washing her hair with regular shampoo would control it

the kids DONT know. the mom acccident dropped gum into the kid who had her hair shaved off so they had a reason, and the kid didnt question it.

the other just told them it was because the shower broke that she had to wash her hair in the sink.

these are 6-10 year old kids, so their clueless about lice.

i feel like i should call the school and inform them before it gets out of hand, i mean this is a nice sized school so its going to spread quickly. and these kids are in different grades so its going ot nail the elementry at once.

do you think i should let them know?

i really don't want to be the one to call because some of the children are family members and i feel like if they ever found out it was me they would be pissed (the parents)

if it needs to be reported, does anybody want to call anonymously for me to do it?

just let me know and i'll give u the info.

*I messaged someone on here and they are going to call the school for me.

Thank you so much :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Call the school anonymously and say you know a child in so n so class has headlice. The nurse will check the class and go from there. I've had to call before.
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Ill call for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
two4one
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely let them know. That is very irresponsible of the parent to send them into school knowing they have lice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM
That's disgusting. Yes. Call. Nasty!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Ill call for you

Seriously? that would be awesome. its been going on for 2 weeks (only in school 1 week)

and i've felt guilty for not calling and its finally got to me. 

i'll pm you the information.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Yes the school needs to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Yes let the school know PLEASE! When DD was in 1st grade her and a bunch of classmates kept getting lice, we would do the treatments (on her and everyone in the house), clean all the linen, threw away all stuffed animals, vacummed the whole house. When we were sure she was lice and nit free she would go back to school only to get them again, because one girls parents kept sending her to school with lice. Finally us parents were getting fed up and had a meeting with the principle, they found out who was spreading them., The girl ended up getting put into a foster home (not just because of the lice but because the parents were big druggies) and once she left the school the lice epidemic stopped! PArents who neglect to tell the school about something like lice should be forced to pay for everyone who gets them to get treated!  

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM

grow a set and call the school! Gross! Doesnt your school do lice checks?

adhaodd1child
I'll call for you. That's shit is nasty and needs to be controlled ASAP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
No problem. i had lice twice when i was kid. it can be embarrassing but atleast you know the kids are showering regularly. lice does not like dirty oily hair they like clean hair the cleaner the better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Ill call for you

Seriously? that would be awesome. its been going on for 2 weeks (only in school 1 week)

and i've felt guilty for not calling and its finally got to me. 

i'll pm you the information.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)