Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I am not Tiny"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My DD will be 7 in a week and It drives her nuts when people call her Tiny!  She is small for her age but so what? It's usually random people too, she has been super excited and telling everyone her birthday is next week and when they ask how old and she says 7 they look at her like "yeah right" and then look at me and say she's so small is she really going to be 7?  Umm yeah!! it dosn't help that my 5 year old son is about 3-4 inches taller then her and her 3 year old sister can wear her clothes.....I try to tell DD that it's okay to be small and she is beautiful but it just hurts her feelings!!! She wants to be a big girl!!   

(here are a couple of pictures of her, one is from christmas and the other one is from july, the other kids are her cousins and her brother and sister, her cousins are 6 and 4 and her brother is 5 and her sister just turned 3 in that picture and has grown A LOT since)

Jav_zpsecd7a333 Jav_zpsecd7a333-1_zpse1ff94c6.jpg

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM

My kids are all small. My 12 year old wears a size 7, my 9 year old wears a size 6 and my 6 year old a 4 to a 5.  They are all tiny mites. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

bump

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That's really lame, I lived my whole childhood that way.  Unfortunately, she's going to have to get a thick skin about it, probably.  People are going to comment on it for the rest of her life. 

She is beautiful :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM

She's a beauty. My dd is small at 4 yrs old: she is 33 lbs. She's tall at about 39 inches but she wears size 3T bottoms and 4T tops.

samiam2919
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

She doens't seem tiny to me : ) She looks to be normal size. I have a 6yr old girl.

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Everyone always tells me my two girls are tiny! When my oldest was 5 she could still wear 3and 4T clothing. My baby is 11 months now ans everyone always tells me she's tiny. I just say nope they were tiny but they are getting so big. Your daughter is beautiful!

tinkerbelle18
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:06 PM

She is a cutie! Just keep telling her how beautiful she is and she'll learn to love herself as she is. I'm small and as a kid I hated it. I've had the nickname Tinkerbell since I was in first grade. Eventually I learned to love both the nickname and my size.

Jessy76
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM

She is beautiful. Sorry she is feeling bummed about being so small. Maybe you can show her pictures of "big girls" who are little. Like Eva Longoria. She is Tiny but as a HUGE career. Or Jada Smith & Kelly Ripa. Maybe if you show her how small they are in size but how big their careers are she will know that just because she comes in a small package doesn't mean she has to be "SMALL"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)