Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a flirt, so now my best friend can't see me anymore :(

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 1 Replies

My bfs husband came home one day and told her she was fat and disgusting and he wanted a divorce because he didn't love her anymore. she came over to my house and just cried for days and days. eventually it came out that he had been having an affair and been cheating on her for quite awhile. As much as i wish she hadn't she went back to her husband. while trying to work it out with him, he told her that her friends (meaning me) even wanted him an flirted with him all the time. That the only thing keeping her friend (me again) from jumping his hot body was her. that she was in the way of him getting even more booty.

you would think she would have a clue by now shes better then deserving of this asshat. but nope she loves him and wants to work things out with him. trying to be the best friend, i supported her decision even though i strongly disagreed with it. I bought her flowers, and treats, and helped her start a workout program. We went out and she would cry and scream and yell and rant about her dh. And i listened. I offered advice, I gave her a shoulder to cry on and someone to verbally spar with. I love her, shes my best friend. There isn't anything i wouldn't do for her.

Over the last few weeks, she has texted me only when her dh is at work. told me i cant stop by anytime anymore. Asked me not to send her things or little notes or texts without her talking to me first..... Now i cant see her. When I finally got her to answer a text she told me i cant hang around because her dear husband doesn't like me and that I am a bad influence on her. and I am not supportive of their marriage.

Well yeah he is right. He isn't good enough for her. I don't support them being together, but that doesn't mean I am out to break them up. I did talk to him once.... yup that's all he could handle. I told him he was an ass. That he didn't deserve her. and that if he ever thought I was flirting with him, he would see how i treat most men. He was treated kindly simple because his wife was the bestest friend I ever had. (she even agreed with me that I hadn't been flirting with her husband, she laughed at the fact he saw it that way) But now, I'm losing my best friend, I want to fight him on this, but I don't want to make it harder for her. But I don't want to let her go either. And as much as I love her, shes weak when it comes to him. She will do whatever it is he says to do.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I dont know what you can do as long as she is listening to him. If I was her I would ask him wth did he think he was, my dad? In fact I had a bf who was controlling. We had a knock down horrible fight over my seeing my bff without him. I refused to back down and I got hurt over it. I was in a position to leave...your friend may not feel she can. Text her and tell her you will always be there for her if she needs you. Contact her family to warn them about him. After that Idk...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)