Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting mother out of pic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Well I have to have a talk with my mom now. She went over board on Christmas and told me she was going to call CPS on me for spanking. Well its not the first time she told me this. She says it bc she doesnt believe in spanking. Well thats fine for her. But she is telling my 5yr old to be bad so I will give her to my mother to adopt her. My 5yr old does not listen and we are trying to get her to understand she needs to listen and be good and her only argument is she wants to go to grandmas so she doesnt have to follow rules. I have sat my mom down for 2yrs and told her to have a bedtime and to make her share and all that but my mom wont do it. She is wanting me to give my dd to her for good and she has asked me if i would just give her to her so she can raise her and i can "have a life again". What she doesnt see and every time she would say this my answer was always the same, I have a life and my daughter is my life. She is my mom and i dont want to hurt her she cant keep doing this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Tell her to either follow your rules or she's no longer welcome in your life. I would also explain to your daughter why rules are important.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM

cut your mom out of your life if she is trying to cause that kind of havoc on you. She's not being a mother at all. And cps won't take your child for spanking her. They would want to see bruises/injuries to call it abuse. your mom sounds like a pain in the ass who doesn't need to be around. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Thats what i am working on with her. But my mom just doesnt seem to get it for some reason. But with not letting her in our life for a little bit it might work that way to get through to her.

Quoting SciFiMama91:

Tell her to either follow your rules or she's no longer welcome in your life. I would also explain to your daughter why rules are important.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Yea i know i need to cut her out. I just feel bad about it bc it is my mother and i keep hoping she will change one day. But i know also i need to get over it and just do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

cut your mom out of your life if she is trying to cause that kind of havoc on you. She's not being a mother at all. And cps won't take your child for spanking her. They would want to see bruises/injuries to call it abuse. your mom sounds like a pain in the ass who doesn't need to be around. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I would tell her to hit the road. I'm surprised you waited this long. does she help support your dd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM
No she doesnt help support her. I waited this long bc i keep hoping one day she is doing to be a mother and actually straighten up. But i know deep down she wont. Yes she has helped out in the past but its always at a cost for doing it.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I would tell her to hit the road. I'm surprised you waited this long. does she help support your dd?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I think your mom needs a butt whoopin!

Stacey2506
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

If you cut her out she is going to be so pissed you are GUARANTEED a cps visit then!

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
She won't change if she thinks you won't do anything about it. Her actions are hurting you and your child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea i know i need to cut her out. I just feel bad about it bc it is my mother and i keep hoping she will change one day. But i know also i need to get over it and just do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

wow. If my mother asked me to gice custody of my child over, I would not be speaking to her anymore.  wtf?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)