Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I must not know how to grocery shop!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 188 Replies
I have not been married long, just these 2 years . We have a ( almost 2 year old) and I'm due on the 24th.

I know this sounds crazy ,I was on another post which made me think of this. What do you buy regularly when you grocery shop?

Like I don't know what to buy , I go to the store and I come home and we eat the same things weekly. My husband says I make pasta like very other night.

I don't mind cooking at all, but when I look up recipes & then try to buy the stuff in them . It's so expensive . So I'm going to start maybe getting more of a variety of stuff then look up recipes .

We have pasta, pork chops , and pizza at least once a week.

Thanks !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I cant really cook, like I only know how to make basic stuff. Everytime I try a new recipe, my dh usually wont even try a bite, so i dont even bother anymore. We eat almost every meal out.
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM
We eat a lot of cheap chicken meals. Chicken fricasee, chicken enchilades, shake and bake with a few sides...lots of chicken lol.
juniebug11
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Lol we do the shake & bake too. I saw another post and the moms were like all about being organic and healthy , and start from scratch.

Quoting Ashgambit:

We eat a lot of cheap chicken meals. Chicken fricasee, chicken enchilades, shake and bake with a few sides...lots of chicken lol.

juniebug11
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I tried a new recipe the other night & it ended badly lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I cant really cook, like I only know how to make basic stuff. Everytime I try a new recipe, my dh usually wont even try a bite, so i dont even bother anymore. We eat almost every meal out.

usmcwifey11
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Some favorite recipes:
Pizza casserole.
BBQ sandwiches
Shepherds pie
Chicken, green bean, potato bake
Chicken crescent roll bake
Pot roast
Parmesan pork chops.

Do you have a Pinterest?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
emeals.
your welcome
it has changed my shopping habbits
Kristen.Marie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I regularly buy eggs, milk, yogurt, juice, fruit, and pretzle/cracker type snacks.

Then I plan a menu for the week and buy the stuff to make our dinners. For lunch we usually just eat dinner leftovers or simple stuff like grilled cheese.
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I buy what is on sale and then figure out what to cook later. I buy the basics like beans, milk, cheese, bread, rice, flour, etc..

Kroger usually has some meats on sale. Depending on what is there, I'll make what I can with what I can afford. It's kind of like Chopped. You have a few items and have to figure out what the hell to make out of it. lol

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy meat, produce, dairy, oils, spices and other condiments, pasta, rice, beans, for the most part.

Meat I buy chicken, all kinds, beef, ground and chunks, pork ribs and chops, whole chickens, turkeys and hams and the occasional London Broil.

juniebug11
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Those sound good . It's just so hard , because you'll spend like 20 buying meat & all for one recipw

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Some favorite recipes:

Pizza casserole.

BBQ sandwiches

Shepherds pie

Chicken, green bean, potato bake

Chicken crescent roll bake

Pot roast

Parmesan pork chops.

Do you have a Pinterest?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)