Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

But he had Jesus and God in his life........

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 0 Replies

A tragedy occured in my hometown last Friday. The pastor of the Mega Church that pretty much runs the small town has shot and killed his wife, tried to kill his daughter and himself. I never met him or his wife but I briefly met his daughter. This family was, yes, nice, but very holier than thou. Looked down on everyone if you weren't a Christian and especially if you were gay. They acted like they were the perfect little family and look what happened. 

DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME. It's very SAD. I feel horrible for the daughter who lost her mother and initially her father (he's still alive but I can imagine their relationship won't be the same). But all I'm saying is these people have always gawked that they were the model family and try to make an example for others to follow....obviously they weren't that perfect and it drives me nuts when people try to make themselves out to be better than they really are. No they didn't need to publicly air their dirty laundry, but they didn't need to play perfect little family everywhere all because they have God and Jesus in their life...cuz obviously that wasn't enough

. I really hope Suzanna finds some peace and has help processing everything thats happened to her. Really sad. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/12/terry-greer-pastor-murders-kills-wife-stabs-daughter_n_2462502.html

GARDENDALE, Ala. -- A prominent Alabama pastor fatally shot his wife and wounded their 18-year-old daughter in their church-owned home before grabbing a kitchen knife and trying to stab himself to death, police said Friday.

The Rev. Terry Greer, 54, is being charged with murder in the slaying of 52-year-old Lisa Greer and attempted murder in the wounding of Suzanna Greer, a University of South Alabama student, according to police in Gardendale, a suburb about 10 miles north of Birmingham.

Greer is senior pastor at Gardendale-Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church near Birmingham. Prominent in Methodist circles in the area, he leads a church with an average Sunday attendance of about 670.

After Greer opened fire on his wife and daughter Thursday, the teenager grabbed the gun and ran to a neighbor's house to alert authorities, police said.

The minister then grabbed a kitchen knife and went to a bathroom where he repeatedly stabbed himself in his chest and neck, police said. Responding officers stopped Greer and took him into custody.

Lisa Greer died early Friday at Birmingham Hospital, and police said the couple's daughter is expected to make a full recovery. Authorities did not disclose details on where the women were wounded or how many times they were shot.

Greer underwent surgery and remained hospitalized with self-inflicted knife wounds, said Police Chief Mike Walker. When he is stabilized, Greer will be arrested and held on $135,000 bond, police said.

The reverend has been on medical leave since experiencing heart problems and a car accident in autumn, and details on what may have led up to the violence were not immediately available.

"We're not going to speculate on motive or anything like that," Walker said during a news conference.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)