Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back Child Support.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 61 Replies
Just because a man owes back child support does not make him a deadbeat. There are many many times when a man has a child with a woman, they don't get married, they break up, he gives the mom money every month. Mom gets mad at the dad or mom goes to sign up for foodstamps. The state goes after him for support, and does not accept the money he has given mom because it was not through the courts, they back the support up on him from the time mom and dad stopped living together and bam he owes the state back child support. Yes he should have gotten the support settle through the state to begin with. My husband went through this. His daughter is now 19 so child support for her has stopped but he still owes the state, they take 50 dollars out his check every two weeks for the back support.
When money was going to his daughter, he was paying 600 a month. He had the state automatically take it from his check so it always got paid. He is not a deadbeat dad and he still gives her money. So now not all men who owe back support are deadbeats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Very true , it's the ones who DON'T pay
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Agreed, my son's father owes back support and its because CSEA started taking the support out of his pay 2 months after they were supposed to.

just_hc
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm sure there are exceptions.  However 99% of them are deadbeats and owe back support becasue they simply chose not to pay.  My ex quit paying his child support.  He owes me $20,000.  He hasn't paid in 5 years He has to cough up $9,000 by the end of the month or he goes to jail.  As nice as $9,000 sounds I'd just about take as much joy in knowing he's sitting in jail and finally paying for being such a fuck up.

embersparkle
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. Like my dad. But my husband is an amazing father. It speaks volumes when he asked the state to automatically take it from his check so that it was always paid.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Very true , it's the ones who DON'T pay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM

In my state, they ask the mom if the dad has given her any money before she filed for support or went on assistance, and if she admits to it, and tells them the amount she's been given, they deduct that off of the "back support" he will have... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM

BM tried to pull that shit on DF. They broke up and he moved out and he gave her a significant portion of his income then 6 months later she went after him for child support and said that he had not been paying her. stupid bitch didn't know that DF had been having the bank document all of his payments to her and she looked like the dumb bitch that she is when he proved that she was a liar. Also, the courts set the child support amount at lower than what he had been giving her so she ended up screwing herself lol

angevil53
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Did someone say something to offend you? My ex pays cs always has. I've never had a support order. He's not a deadbeat but just paying doesn't not make you a deadbeat. Being involved in the kids life is more important to me. Though i don't trust my ex now and my son wont be going to his home for awhile.
angevil53
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
In my state everything is a gift unless it's under a court order. So she'd still get back pay.

Quoting Anonymous:

BM tried to pull that shit on DF. They broke up and he moved out and he gave her a significant portion of his income then 6 months later she went after him for child support and said that he had not been paying her. stupid bitch didn't know that DF had been having the bank document all of his payments to her and she looked like the dumb bitch that she is when he proved that she was a liar. Also, the courts set the child support amount at lower than what he had been giving her so she ended up screwing herself lol

embersparkle
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
There are a ton of deadbeat dads. Obviously I can't deny that. But owing back child support always comes with the assumption that the dad must not have been paying like he should have, I accept this lol

Quoting just_hc:

I'm sure there are exceptions.  However 99% of them are deadbeats and owe back support becasue they simply chose not to pay.  My ex quit paying his child support.  He owes me $20,000.  He has to caugh up $9,000 by the end of the month or he goes to jail.  As nice as $9,000 sounds I'd just about take as much joy in knowing he's sitting in jail and finally paying for being such a fuck up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Lol my ex is opposite he filed for cs and now he is married him and his wife lie and try not to pay cs and then get mad when I get their income tax
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)