Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have a family member ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

watch your children nd they don't adhere to your rules would you fire them and get a different sitter?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I don't need anyone to watch my kid, but here's a bump.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Yes! My mom watches my 3yr old DS and I trust her completely but if she ever did something that I wouldn't do like give him soda and chips for breakfast (just an example) then I'd be telling her thanks for your help but I got someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
3 moms liked this

depends on what rule was broken.

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
This.

Quoting frankiesma530:

depends on what rule was broken.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yes, my MIL used to watch our children.  She started to tell them she hated them, that they were stupid, and always yelled at them.  We sent her packing and she's living with her daughter now.  My mom retired early and now watches my kids.  I pay her medical until she is 65 (she's 64 now) then she will qualify for medicare.  My kids are happy that Grandmom watched them since she plays with them and takes them places, and my mom is thrilled that she gets to spend more time with my kids.  So we are all happy now!

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Depends on what the rule is. If I say bedtime is 9 and they let the kids stay up until 9:30 or they give them a cookie when I said no junk food, no, I wouldn't fire them over something that isn't a huge deal. If they are breaking a major rule and I feel like I can't trust my kids with them, then yes, I would fire them.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I know fully before leaving my child if they are someone who will care for her to my standards! But, hypothetically, I would change sitters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yes.
I have actually.

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My mom watches ds and I did not impose any rules on her.  She raised me right, I trust her judgement.  If she did something differently than I would do, oh well.  So no, I wouldn't fire her.

workingmama86
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

yea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)