Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I swear I am the stupidest person ever created! *UPDATE 2/6/13*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Don't ask me why, because in all honesty, I don't even know why. But today, I stole $5 off of a friend. I hate myself. I have admitted it and apologized but I still can't stop kicking myself for doing it. I don't blame her if she never wants to speak to me ever again. Just needed to get that off my chest. Bash away. This is the first thing I have ever stole before. I don't know what the heck I was thinking. I have ruined the best friendship I have ever had in my life. I fucking ruined it!! God! What's wrong with me!!?!

Update: I went to my local hospital a week or so ago, and signed myself into the behavioral health unit. I stayed there for 4 days. I spoke with the therapist there and told him everything. I broke down, blubbering like an idiot. He seems to think, like someone else on here said, that I sabotaged the friendship subconsciously. She really isn't a good influence, going out of state to get pain pills for her drug addicted husband, drinking all of the time, wanting to go out and party, sleeping with various guys, letting her teenage son smoke pot, smoking pot and buying pain pills illegally. And another thing, I don't know why I would want to be friends with someone who does those things as well. I have never hung out with anyone that I knew done those things. I've got my kids to think of, I don't want to be guilty by association. Plus addiction runs in my family. I have fought hard not to become addicted to something. My father was an alcoholic, my mother is a prescription pain pill junkie, and both brothers are pot heads. The worst I am addicted to is caffeine. (My father is dead and I do not associate with the rest of the family). My therapist seems to think that subconsciously, I was trying to pull away from her. There was no other explanation for why I took $5 off of her. I have forgiven myself for what I done. I honestly don't expect her to and that's ok. I have asked God's forgiveness (As this is how I believe) and I believe He has forgiven me. I have deleted and blocked her on Facebook and other people associated with her. If I have to, I will get rid of Facebook altogether in order to keep myself mentally healthy.  I am not completely over it, but I'm working on it. Thanks for listening/reading. 

ETA: I have also tried to pay her back and she will not let me. I understand her being mad, but she would not respond to messges, calls or texts before I deleted and blocked her. I will tell you why I done that as well: She started talking shit about my kids. So instead of going off the handle, dragging her out of her house and beating the crap out of her and ending up in jail. I chose to delete and block. My therapist said that was the right thing to do. She knows my number, if she wants her money back, she can call me and I will gladly pay it back to her. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Why did you steal it?

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Hopefully she takes your friendship for whats its been and doesn't hold this against you.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Did she catch you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Why would you do that?

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Yikes over $5 too. :\

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Do you have a history of sabotaging friendships?

Love060708kids
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Wow, that's awful :(

If you needed money, why didn't you just as your friend?

kate80
1 mom liked this
Impulse control issues can indicate neurological problems. If this is completely out of character you may want to see a.Dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brokenxxangel

Wow.

zianneaaliyah

Did you offer to give it back? I can't see why this would end a friendship if this is the only time this has ever happened. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)