Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A father poses as gunman at childs school

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 48 Replies

Stupid or something that needed to be done?? What do you think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/ron-miller-poses-as-gunman-to-test-school-security_n_2471381.html?ref=topbar

A Texas dad approached a greeter at his child's elementary school last Wednesday, claimed he had a gun, and said, "You're dead."

Police say 44-year-old Ronald Miller wasn't really armed, rather he pulled the stunt in an apparent attempt to test Celina Elementary School's security, according to NBC-DFW. The greeter at the school -- located just north of Dallas -- reportedly froze in panic as Miller said he was a gunman and that his target was inside.

"He told them that he is a shooter and 'you're dead, and you're dead,'" school district Superintendent Donny O'Dell told the station.

Miller revealed that he was conducting his own active-shooter drill as students were arriving at 8 a.m., the Dallas Morning News reported. He said he wanted to speak to the principal.

School officials knew Miller because he has a child enrolled at the school. They waited until he left campus to alert police, who arrested him on charges of third-degree felony terroristic threats. His bail was set at $75,000.

The incident comes at a time of high tension in schools following several tragic shootings in public places, including the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn. on Dec. 14 that claimed the lives of 20 children and six adults.

Parents at Celina Elementary School, however, weren't so quick to demonize Miller for the alleged act. David Siano told NBC-DFW that the school needs to review its security measures.

"We are not prepared," Siano said. "His intent was just simply to say, 'you've done nothing' and that's what it showed... So if that's what it takes, it's a shame."

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

he's an idiot. In this day and age we all know that will land you in deep shit.

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I hope he gets convicted of something.  There are other ways to let a school know they are not prepared than to terrorize the school greeter.

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope the idiot is charged with a hefty fee... I get what he THINKS he is doing but that was just downright fucking stupid nor comical

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM

What a fucking idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
That is like anmouncing you have a bomb on an airplane, what an idiot.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM

fucking moron

slransde
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
That was not smart... I understand his concern, but did he really think nothing bad would happen from doing that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Dumb ass.
Lizard_Lina
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I see his point. While I disagree with purposely instilling fear at the school, and I feel what he did was stupid, he proved his point. It was that easy for him to walk into the school and do what he pleased. Caught everyone off guard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brokenxxangel
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Fucking idiot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)