Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why just Christians?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 565 Replies
15 moms liked this

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM
28 moms liked this

We DO ask them questions and they actually respond in a nice, intelligent way unlike most Christians who when asked uncomfortable questions about their faith turn into assholes.

You want to know why there are so many posts about Christians? Well, because they're the majority in the US, have entitlement issues, think everyone in the US wants to be and should be a Christian and those who have a problem with their faith being all up in the Government should sit down and shut the hell up- oh,  and for some reason most of them can't answer the simplest question about their religion in a non-illogical, non-Sunday School cookie-cutter way and when they realize it, they get all butt hurt and start screaming about being persecuted.

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

So basically it's mainly Christians that get these posts because others know it stirs the pot?

Quoting IhartU:

We DO ask them questions and they actually respond in a nice, intelligent way unlike most Christians who when asked uncomfortable questions about their faith turn into assholes.

You want to know why there are so many posts about Christians? Well, because they're the majority in the US, have entitlement issues, think everyone in the US wants to be and should be a Christian and those who have a problem with their faith being all up in the Government should sit down and shut the hell up- oh,  and for some reason most of them can't answer the simplest question about their religion in a non-illogical, non-Sunday School cookie-cutter way and when they realize it, they get all butt hurt and start screaming about being persecuted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this

There have been posts on here that ask questions about others besides Christians and if asked in a respectful way they have always answered me in an informative and respectful way back and this is coming from a Christian!

HipLikeJunk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM
14 moms liked this

Oh yes, you POOR persecuted and misunderstood christianseye rolling

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting LavenderMom23:

So basically it's mainly Christians that get these posts because others know it stirs the pot?

Quoting IhartU:

No, they get negative posts because they do and say things to warrant it. Since there are more Christians in the US than any other faith, there are going to BE more stories in the news, more discussions centering around it and that's just how it is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM
15 moms liked this

Pagans mutilate cats & leave them on doorsteps?  I must have missed that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Pagans mutilate cats? This is why! I'm an Atheist so I suppose you think I worship the devil.
sithmama
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM
14 moms liked this

Perhaps those people who flip out do so because they're tired of being told that they're unintelligent and believe in fairy tales because they don't happen to have all the answers. Just sayin. 

quietbookworm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Don't mind me. Just going to sit quietly over here and watch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM
7 moms liked this
Because its the weirdest religion of all. They worship some guy in the sky who murdered thousands of innocent children when he smited cities for being bad. And they think being gay is wrong, and other illogical shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN