Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Josie_P
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just CM. I tend to stay away from the religion posts. A whole bunch of ignorance from everyone in them.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it mostly has to do with the majority of Americans (who also happen to be the majority of CM members), are Christians.

While I'm Atheist, I'm genuinely curious as to how ALL religions do x,y, and z.

Hope that helps.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
4 moms liked this
You seem delusional.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
4 moms liked this
Uh? Pagans what now? I think you're confused.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Pagans mutilate cats? This is why! I'm an Atheist so I suppose you think I worship the devil.

I personally thought aspiring seriel killers did this sort of thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe because some of them scream the are persecuted for their beliefs when they live in the US. They are not killed for their religious affiliation in the US like they are in other countries. Just one example.

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
5 moms liked this

A lot (notice I didn't say all, just a lot) of Christians on Cafemom (also, notice I am referring to Christians specifically on CM) like to shove their views down every one's throats. Then when someone doesn't agree, they get all bitchy and complain because Christians are being "persecuted". Which is seriously a huge joke! Where as others can give educated explanations of their beliefs.

PS: Pagans don't mutilate cats. You, my dear are seriously misinformed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
10 moms liked this

I thought Christians believe that anyone who leaves their religion or isn't part of their religion deserves their version of hell.... and I am not pagan but I know many and I don't recall animal sacrifice or mutilation is in any way a part of their religion, in fact they have a deep respect for living things and nature. You have proven why people can't stand Christians.

ittybit2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I haven't known that many Pagans in my life, but the few I have met have never harmed other living creatures.  Do you want to know why people hand Christians a bunch of shit?  Go read your post all over again.  You sound exactly why other faiths knock Christianity.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
7 moms liked this

I have never mutilated a cat.

Also, Christianity seems to be the only faith that feels entitled to freedoms and the want to deny others similar freedoms

ETA: In the US 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN