Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I once read in this book called The Bible or something to stone kids. Should I believe that rumor like you believe the rumor about cats?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
If u knew god you would know he is pure and holy, not evil or vengeful. Don't judge what u don't know. If u don't understand than its bc you deep down don't want to. That's ok for ppl not to understand or want to but not ok to judge bc you can't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because its the weirdest religion of all. They worship some guy in the sky who murdered thousands of innocent children when he smited cities for being bad. And they think being gay is wrong, and other illogical shit.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Maybe because pagans don't mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty neighborhood. You obviously need to get your head out of your ass.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Well put.

Quoting IhartU:

We DO ask them questions and they actually respond in a nice, intelligent way unlike most Christians who when asked uncomfortable questions about their faith turn into assholes.

You want to know why there are so many posts about Christians? Well, because they're the majority in the US, have entitlement issues, think everyone in the US wants to be and should be a Christian and those who have a problem with their faith being all up in the Government should sit down and shut the hell up- oh,  and for some reason most of them can't answer the simplest question about their religion in a non-illogical, non-Sunday School cookie-cutter way and when they realize it, they get all butt hurt and start screaming about being persecuted.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM
5 moms liked this

It's pretty obvious to me.  Only Jesus claims to be the way, the truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father but by Him.

So Christians are the targeted ones.  It's only going to get worse...

supercarp
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Some Christians think that anyone who doesn't share their faith is going to hell, and they are free about expounding on it.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TranquilMind:

It's pretty obvious to me.  Only Jesus claims to be the way, the truth and the Life, and no one comes to the Father but by Him.

So Christians are the targeted ones.  It's only going to get worse...

giggle

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
That's what the bible says. I know it's hard to accept.

Quoting Anonymous:

If u knew god you would know he is pure and holy, not evil or vengeful. Don't judge what u don't know. If u don't understand than its bc you deep down don't want to. That's ok for ppl not to understand or want to but not ok to judge bc you can't understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because its the weirdest religion of all. They worship some guy in the sky who murdered thousands of innocent children when he smited cities for being bad. And they think being gay is wrong, and other illogical shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
4 moms liked this

OMG you are such a bully. I am reporting you to cm.

^^^^^

Typical Christian response on cm. We are persecuting them by disagreeing I guess. We be heathens you know. Us non-christians are the debbil.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Christians do seem to be the most vocal but other religions do it too. My DH had a prof that spent most of the class trying to convert people to Islam. She was suppose to be teaching Geography & instead kept asking people about their faith & why they hadn't tried Islam etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN