Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

No. That is a typical CM response lol

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG you are such a bully. I am reporting you to cm.

^^^^^

Typical Christian response on cm. We are persecuting them by disagreeing I guess. We be heathens you know. Us non-christians are the debbil.

"I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams"

clp0930
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is Hindu (though not devout). He answers my questions all the time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Can't we all just get along?

Sekirei
by Nari on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Can't we all just get along?

NO!!! 

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
4 moms liked this

Maybe it's because of the bigotry that is displayed in this post? 

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
5 moms liked this

People tend to be curious about the things in their lives that effect them

There are a lot of women on here who have to deal with Christian dogma everyday.. everything from laws being passed to dealing with pressure or harassment from family or friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Do you really believe pagans mutilate cats? Wtf? I think you need to educate yourself, my dear.
rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Its not just Christians.  Any belief system is open to criticism.  Isn't that part of faith to begin with?  Being able to still maintain your beliefs even if they are criticized?

No one's forcing you to defend your beliefs, so if you choose to you are the one choosing to be "tired of it."  Dont like it? Stop doing it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM
5 moms liked this
In Russia Christians are killed and parents are forced to watch their children be tortured to death for just loving Jesus. How are Christians not persecuted? In Denmark Muslims kill Christians also. In China Christians have to hide their love for Jesus and if they are caught they are harassed and beaten. In America people call Christians hypocrites and other names. All because we know there is one creator who sent his son as an ultimate sacrifice. That is what pisses ppl off about Christians. Yet, no one is pissed that Muslims only pray to Allah and are murdering in Allah's name. Some people worship a Buddha which is an overweight man made figure... I personally can't understand worshipping nature or the sun, I prefer to worship the creator of it all. I'm not mad bc ppl want to worship these things but I know what they worship is an abomination to god. I'm not the judge of what happens to them so I stay out of it. So bc I believe what others worship is an abomination to god that makes me a mean judgmental person? Does anyone know what judgmental means? I would have to be telling u that your totally going to hell and there's nothing that can save you. Instead I say its an abomination. I didn't say your headed for hell so please ppl learn the differences.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe because some of them scream the are persecuted for their beliefs when they live in the US. They are not killed for their religious affiliation in the US like they are in other countries. Just one example.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

In Russia Christians are killed and parents are forced to watch their children be tortured to death for just loving Jesus. How are Christians not persecuted? In Denmark Muslims kill Christians also. In China Christians have to hide their love for Jesus and if they are caught they are harassed and beaten. In America people call Christians hypocrites and other names. All because we know there is one creator who sent his son as an ultimate sacrifice. That is what pisses ppl off about Christians. Yet, no one is pissed that Muslims only pray to Allah and are murdering in Allah's name. Some people worship a Buddha which is an overweight man made figure... I personally can't understand worshipping nature or the sun, I prefer to worship the creator of it all. I'm not mad bc ppl want to worship these things but I know what they worship is an abomination to god. I'm not the judge of what happens to them so I stay out of it. So bc I believe what others worship is an abomination to god that makes me a mean judgmental person? Does anyone know what judgmental means? I would have to be telling u that your totally going to hell and there's nothing that can save you. Instead I say its an abomination. I didn't say your headed for hell so please ppl learn the differences.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe because some of them scream the are persecuted for their beliefs when they live in the US. They are not killed for their religious affiliation in the US like they are in other countries. Just one example.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN