Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

I'm a Roman Catholic Christian, volunteer for Protective Animal League & LAP, cross-stitching, Certified Dog Trainer, green living, book reading, frugal, young wife, college student and mom to Evalynn 8yr, Ashley 7yr, Trey 2yr, and Hailey 11 months, and "mom" to 2 indoor only cats & 1 toy poodle and Pekingese!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (531-540):
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww  poop. Oh well, Im pagan and i got married, at the time he was **gasp** a Christan to. Yes my DH married me, he was a Christian and i was not. Oh well. Poop on those that think that way heh. 

Quoting autodidact:

it was poofed, of course. basically she was whining that anyone would perform a ceremony for a "confused" nontheistic pagan and a satanist whose marriage she'd heard about. 

it was fucking ridiculous, and she was clueless. 

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting autodidact:

are you the same idiot who posted that crap about not allowing pagans, satanists or atheists to marry? or a new one? 

Wha ????? Wow can you link post plse ??

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM

So where did you go OP ??? How come you haven't come back to explain your lack or knowledge on other religions ??? Still waiting .........

Quoting LavenderMom23:

I see a lot of posts on CM asking Christians to explain this or that or to defend their rights over and over again...Where are the posts about other religions on CM? How come no one asks pagans to explain why they mutilate cats and leave them for dead outside pretty suburban neighborhoods? Or asking the Muslims why they feel anyone who leaves thier faith deserves their version of Hell? Or asking the Hindus what is so powerful about a genetically mutated elephant? You get my point?

I'm tired of Christians being the target from other faiths, all the while whining that Christains are the favored religion in our country.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

how is it that the spin off of this which really only offended Christians who had sticks up their ass (IE the crazy ass, holier than tho ones who feel that belittling people will make them want to go to church) got deleted yet here this one remains?

oh and hey I am a christian who was offended by this post and not the other kaithnxbai.

MommyGray83
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Because in todays time it's okay to be anything but Christian.

LADYxGHOST
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

It might have something to do with so many "Christians" shaming and attacking others based on their interpertation of the Bible or their version of God.  In this country I have not seen and protests against abortion clinics done by pagens or Muslims, not gay bashing by Musims in the name of Allah, or pagans either.  

Personally, I take it in stride and welcome anyone who has an honest question to understand why.  Usually they are speaking on behalf fringe groups and those actually going against the teaching in the Bible.  I am a Christian, raise my children as such (though gave them the option as they got older) I don't go too much into God and religion until they got old enough, when young just focused on the basic beliefs and values set by the Bible.  I believe homosexuallity is a sin, so is sex with multiple partners, so is lieing, stealing, hating another. But mostly it is truly a sin to sin in the name of God.  A person's sin is between them and God. I trust God is powerful enough, to handle His own business of delivering justice and handling sinners.  I will focus on sharing the love of God to others.  I do not know enough about anyone to truly pass judgement and I don't want the responsibility.  However there are those that feel qulified to hate other in the name of God.  They are the reason people feel the need to demand Christians explain themselves, and they are correct.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MommyGray83:

Because in todays time it's okay to be anything but Christian.

harehelper
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM

What I am saying is, that the denominations have significant differences, and that is why there ARE denominations. I know that there are several denominations/groups that follow Christ. But I also know how very different the groups/denominations can be. The best comparison I can think of is the differences between rain and snow. Both fall from the sky, both are forms of water, but they are still very different. Does that make sense?

Quoting Aislin:

Almost all religions have denominations. Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Buddhist, etc. are all labels for denominations that share the same core belief. For Christians the core belief is that God gave his only son, Christ to die for our sins. Anyone who believes that falls under Christian. Kind of like we are all Human Beings even though we have different names. I am Aislin but that doesn't negate me being a human.

I am curious why you think Catholics, JWs, Mormons, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, etc are not Christian. What leads you to believe that? This is really the first time I have ever come across that opinion.

Quoting harehelper:

Ok. *shrug* People tell me lots of things. Doesn't mean I need to agree.

Can you answer this for me? If Catholicism, JWs, Mormons etc are all the same, why do they have different names? If we are all just alike, why are there denominations at all?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I'm not the only one who has tried telling you numerous times that Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons etc are Christian. We've even given you links to websites from these various Christian denominations that assert the fact that they are Christian. You seem to be under the impression that you get to decide who is Christian and who is not.

You also seem to have missed the fact that just because I am not longer a Christian, I was one for 35 years,  I've been "in the house" and I've "seen al the rooms". Your denomination of Christianity (which BTW I don't believe you've ever named) is not the only one.

Quoting harehelper:

Yes, we have had this discussion before. The question had a point, you just hadn't gotten it yet. So here it is: You were arguing with me the other day that all Catholics are Christian. I disagree, of course. JWs are not Christian either, and they do go door to door. So since you are not Christian, or JW, or Catholic etc. then why do you feel that you can tell me how any of these religions work, especially my own? You couldn't look in the window of a house and know what all the rooms look like. You also can't be on the outside of a religion and understand it.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

You know fully well that I am not from previous discussions that we have had. Why are you asking an irrlevent question instead of answering mine?

You claim that you've never seen any Christians that go door to door.... Then do tell us, who have you seen go door to door other than Christians? Atheist don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to atheism. Muslims don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Islam. Buddhists don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Buddhism. So then do tell us, who goes door to door other than Christians?

Quoting harehelper:

Are you Christian?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Can you name on religion other than a Christian denomination that goes door to door? Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and Baptists all tend to go door to door to spread the word of God.

Quoting harehelper:

Christians can't damn you to hell. Only God can do that.

Really? I have never seen any Christians that go door to door, and did you miss the JWs?

Have you also missed the enormous banners that atheists have posted mocking Christianity in places like New York?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I think its because the xtains are the only ones that will damn you to hell in public and think they are doing a good thing.

They are the only religion I have ever found to go around knocking on peoples doors and thinking they are above the law to do so even when the property is posted.

They are the only religion I have found that wants to force their belief on everyone. They are the only religion that feels it should be EVERYWHERE.

The other religions you mention are all calm and peaceful. Maybe some of the xtains can learn from them??

Sekirei
by Nari on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

*runs through post naked*

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a perfect example. I will expand on it briefly. While rain and snow have differences they are still both forms of precipitation. See what I mean about umbrella terms. The umbrella term for the denominations that follow Christ is Christian just like rain and snow fall under precipitation.

Quoting harehelper:

What I am saying is, that the denominations have significant differences, and that is why there ARE denominations. I know that there are several denominations/groups that follow Christ. But I also know how very different the groups/denominations can be. The best comparison I can think of is the differences between rain and snow. Both fall from the sky, both are forms of water, but they are still very different. Does that make sense?

Quoting Aislin:

Almost all religions have denominations. Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Buddhist, etc. are all labels for denominations that share the same core belief. For Christians the core belief is that God gave his only son, Christ to die for our sins. Anyone who believes that falls under Christian. Kind of like we are all Human Beings even though we have different names. I am Aislin but that doesn't negate me being a human.

I am curious why you think Catholics, JWs, Mormons, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, etc are not Christian. What leads you to believe that? This is really the first time I have ever come across that opinion.

Quoting harehelper:

Ok. *shrug* People tell me lots of things. Doesn't mean I need to agree.

Can you answer this for me? If Catholicism, JWs, Mormons etc are all the same, why do they have different names? If we are all just alike, why are there denominations at all?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I'm not the only one who has tried telling you numerous times that Catholics, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons etc are Christian. We've even given you links to websites from these various Christian denominations that assert the fact that they are Christian. You seem to be under the impression that you get to decide who is Christian and who is not.

You also seem to have missed the fact that just because I am not longer a Christian, I was one for 35 years,  I've been "in the house" and I've "seen al the rooms". Your denomination of Christianity (which BTW I don't believe you've ever named) is not the only one.

Quoting harehelper:

Yes, we have had this discussion before. The question had a point, you just hadn't gotten it yet. So here it is: You were arguing with me the other day that all Catholics are Christian. I disagree, of course. JWs are not Christian either, and they do go door to door. So since you are not Christian, or JW, or Catholic etc. then why do you feel that you can tell me how any of these religions work, especially my own? You couldn't look in the window of a house and know what all the rooms look like. You also can't be on the outside of a religion and understand it.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

You know fully well that I am not from previous discussions that we have had. Why are you asking an irrlevent question instead of answering mine?

You claim that you've never seen any Christians that go door to door.... Then do tell us, who have you seen go door to door other than Christians? Atheist don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to atheism. Muslims don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Islam. Buddhists don't go door to door trying to get you to convert to Buddhism. So then do tell us, who goes door to door other than Christians?

Quoting harehelper:

Are you Christian?

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Can you name on religion other than a Christian denomination that goes door to door? Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and Baptists all tend to go door to door to spread the word of God.

Quoting harehelper:

Christians can't damn you to hell. Only God can do that.

Really? I have never seen any Christians that go door to door, and did you miss the JWs?

Have you also missed the enormous banners that atheists have posted mocking Christianity in places like New York?

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I think its because the xtains are the only ones that will damn you to hell in public and think they are doing a good thing.

They are the only religion I have ever found to go around knocking on peoples doors and thinking they are above the law to do so even when the property is posted.

They are the only religion I have found that wants to force their belief on everyone. They are the only religion that feels it should be EVERYWHERE.

The other religions you mention are all calm and peaceful. Maybe some of the xtains can learn from them??

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM

woooohoooooooooooooooo

Quoting Sekirei:

*runs through post naked*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN