Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are these earrings overpriced? - EDIT 1/21: Adjusted prices & added necklaces! (TONS of pics)

My daughter went through hell with bullying last year. She became depressed, and it actually got so bad that she had to change schools. She felt as if there were no resources out there for kids like her, so she is making jewelry and donating a % of what she makes to an anti-bullying organization. She's put a lot of work into making everything, so I just wanted to get opinions before filling her Etsy shop.

She has them priced at $4.25 right now. 

I adjusted the prices to $6.25 for earrings, $4.25 for key chains, and $7.50-$8.25 for necklaces. 

I hope that isn't too high. Also Nell designed a special set of earrings for the stop bullying section and we will be donating $2.00 from each sale to anti-bullying organizations. If you know of a good one please PM me!

1/21 --I also updated her shop to reflect that $1.00 from the sale of each piece of jewelry will be donated, instead of just select jewelry.

Bracelets:

2/16 I have received a few PM's asking for an update. Prices have gone UP and we have been able to donate over $200 to anti-bullying campaigns! We are trying hard to keep up with all the orders but run out of stock a lot.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
mamaeagle216
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Holy moly! They're adorable and I would absolutely buy them. I would pay up to $10 for them, especially knowing some of the proceeds are going to charity. Very sweet thing of your daughter to do. And taking a negative experience are drawing something positive from it is great. She's gaining independence and a marketable skill plus something she will be able maybe put on her college apps. That's amazing. You can PM me with the etsy address and I will pass it to my friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I think that's a good price. 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I love thud and yes the price is great
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think those are great! The price is more than fair.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Cute! I also agree under priced. I'd pay more knowing that some of that money is going to a great cause. Good for her! It's about time I see a happy post :)
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Cute and not overpriced at all.
Mrs.Winchester
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute idea and I would mention guitar picks in description because I didn't notice until someone said that and I think it's a bonus.
Sj218
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Under priced! I'd put them at $7
Ollie123
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Not overpriced at all. The are adorable. They might even be underpriced. 

Tasloley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I want to buy some! Message the link.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN