Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are these earrings overpriced? - EDIT 1/21: Adjusted prices & added necklaces! (TONS of pics)

My daughter went through hell with bullying last year. She became depressed, and it actually got so bad that she had to change schools. She felt as if there were no resources out there for kids like her, so she is making jewelry and donating a % of what she makes to an anti-bullying organization. She's put a lot of work into making everything, so I just wanted to get opinions before filling her Etsy shop.

She has them priced at $4.25 right now. 

I adjusted the prices to $6.25 for earrings, $4.25 for key chains, and $7.50-$8.25 for necklaces. 

I hope that isn't too high. Also Nell designed a special set of earrings for the stop bullying section and we will be donating $2.00 from each sale to anti-bullying organizations. If you know of a good one please PM me!

1/21 --I also updated her shop to reflect that $1.00 from the sale of each piece of jewelry will be donated, instead of just select jewelry.

Bracelets:

2/16 I have received a few PM's asking for an update. Prices have gone UP and we have been able to donate over $200 to anti-bullying campaigns! We are trying hard to keep up with all the orders but run out of stock a lot.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (141-150):
PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, not heavy at all, it's a polymer clay that she can roll out to desired thickness and punch, mix colors, layer designs on top. Then bake according to directions (don't over cook!) and it will be hard when cooled. There are a lot of books out there that can give her the basic info and ideas.  It's a lot of fun to play with and you can do a lot of stuff with it.  

Quoting randomosityblog:

Wow those are neat! Is the clay stuff heavy if worn as earrings, you think?

randomosityblog
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Thank you!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Nope, not heavy at all, it's a polymer clay that she can roll out to desired thickness and punch, mix colors, layer designs on top. Then bake according to directions (don't over cook!) and it will be hard when cooled. There are a lot of books out there that can give her the basic info and ideas.  It's a lot of fun to play with and you can do a lot of stuff with it.  

Quoting randomosityblog:

Wow those are neat! Is the clay stuff heavy if worn as earrings, you think?

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM

No way!!! That's even more awesome!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Are those guitar picks that she painted??? CUTE! I would pay like $6 for them. 

They're actually guitar picks punched out of old gift cards. :)

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Love them, love the idea, and cute kid! Please share a pic on my Facebook to help spread the word. Luellascloset is me :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

These are freaking gorgeous!

Quoting randomosityblog:

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

ksueditz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Very impressive daughter. :) Definitely a good price.
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM

No, I like them and I'd buy them for that price.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my!

I LOVE THEM!

And the cute little message was so so so sweet.

I will def. be buying more as soon as they are available.

Good job to your daughter. That's admirable, and they are beautiful.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I follow your blog and have followed your daughter's story closely! I hope the earrings have been a success for you, they're absolutely adorable!

Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Those are freaking adorable!! I totally want to buy some for my DD.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)