Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter was raped, How do i help her heal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

my 18 year old DD was raped three weeks ago at a party by a guy she had been seeing. Anyways she is supposed to be seeing a therapist but refuses to go. She wont talk to anyone and all she does is cry day in and day out. I dont know what to do. She wont even talk to me or come out of her room. Anyone been through anything like this? Does she just need time or what?

And yes, her "boyfriend" is in jail.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkyPan
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I am so sorry. I would give her some privacy and space. She knows you're there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
She may just need time but. Just let her know your there for her... I'm sorry that happened..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM
She won't talk till she is ready. You can't force her. Just let her know you are there for her.
Kool_Aide
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

She may just need time but. Just let her know your there for her... I'm sorry that happened..

coreilly89
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Is it public? Do a lot of people know?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

She won't talk till she is ready. You can't force her. Just let her know you are there for her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Oh my god, so sorry that happened to you're daughter! I think she probably just needs time to cope with what happened, its going to be a very long long process. I would just go to her room right now and tell her that you love here, and that when she is ready to talk that you are there. And that you really need her to go to councling, you want to know that she has someone else to talk to becasue she may not be comfotable saying certain things to you (no offense, just sometimes its easier to talk to someone outside of the situation, not involved in it). Just make sure she knows you are there for her, and you should speak to someone too, like a councler, about how to help her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I was raped by a guy I went to a party with when I was 18. Your DD has already done a huge step in pressinbg charges and putting him in jail, something I never did. I didn't tell anyone. I got pregnant with my twins from my rape and didnt tell anyone accept my husband and that was when they were 3. I lied and told my boyfriend at the time that I had cheated on him. My husband married me when I was 5 months pregnant and adopted my kids. You can't force her to "deal" with it or talk about it. She will come to terms with it in her own way. Just be there for her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Just wait, maybe find a therapist or somewhere you can print off some reading materials. She may not want to talk but maybe read about others who have been where she is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Except your husband not accept

I'm sorry for what you went through

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raped by a guy I went to a party with when I was 18. Your DD has already done a huge step in pressinbg charges and putting him in jail, something I never did. I didn't tell anyone. I got pregnant with my twins from my rape and didnt tell anyone accept my husband and that was when they were 3. I lied and told my boyfriend at the time that I had cheated on him. My husband married me when I was 5 months pregnant and adopted my kids. You can't force her to "deal" with it or talk about it. She will come to terms with it in her own way. Just be there for her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)