Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would you wish that for your child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

A friend of mine posted this as her FB Status

I'm sooo scared and nervous about court Thursday:( I hope and pray Trinity's 'dad' still wants nothing to do with her

I just can't imagine wishing that for my kids.  I understand not wanting to fight custody and stuff but to just flat out hope that your only DD's father doesn't love her and want to spend time with her just seems totally crazy to me.  If he were abusive or on drugs I could understand better but the man in question is a 27 year old police officer.  I guess I just don't get it.  Do you wish things like that on your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

bump

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
7 moms liked this

Sometimes it's just better that way.

Just because he's a police officer doesnt mean he is a good person.

And yes, I wish the same for my childrens biofather... They dont know who the hell he is, and I couldnt be happier.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM

You never know what her situation is. People aren't the same as you think they are behind closed doors. Just because he wears a badge of honor does not make him an honorable man. JS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

But how do you know if he is a good father if he is never given a chance to try?  He is not on drugs, never been to jail, etc.  Why do you wish that in your kids life?  Honestly curious, not bashing.  The only scenario I can think of that would end with me feeling this way would  be if bio dad was on drugs, or abusive.

Quoting BEXi:

And yes, I wish the same for my childrens biofather... They dont know who the hell he is, and I couldnt be happier.

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I dont agree with it. But I understand why.
My dd's sperm doner has never been involved. Not on the birth certificate. Has never seen her. I tried to talk to him several times, and he chose to not be involved.
My fiancé has been in her life since 14 months. He has treated her like his own. He also wants to adopt her after we get married in may.

So, yes. Sometimes I'm grateful that she has a man like my DF who adores her and treats her well than her "father," who will always be a man who lets her down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
It all depends on the situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
My mother wanted nothing to do with me and I am grateful. She was a nurse but she was still a bad person with a love of script drugs. My dad gave her $300, she signed custody papers and I haven't seeb her since. I was about 8 when that happened.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

the fact that he doesnt WANT to be a father is enough for me. I would NEVER force a man to be a father.. he's just going to disappoint and/or neglect that child.

My exfiance was/is on drugs. He is borderline abusive, cheated all the time, lies for his own benefit, steals, etc. He has had no contact and doesnt even want it. Its for the best!

Quoting Anonymous:

But how do you know if he is a good father if he is never given a chance to try?  He is not on drugs, never been to jail, etc.  Why do you wish that in your kids life?  Honestly curious, not bashing.  The only scenario I can think of that would end with me feeling this way would  be if bio dad was on drugs, or abusive.

Quoting BEXi:

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

msalice_21
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Yes. I do. My ex is only in for being a pos and for money. He knows by having ashton he collects child support. I want him to leave us alone.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not, but I have a dear friend with two sons, and I really do hope her ex falls off the planet before his influence can do too much damage to her boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)