Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm too good to work for some one else or get paid by the hour....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I hear this all the time from people, including friends and family, looking for ways to pay their bills after their business has fallen apart or they have lost a cushy salary job. Some people will even go on to say, out loud, also unfortunately including a couple of my family members over the holidays,  that people who do so must be stupid or must not value their market value very much. I think they need to suck it up and get over it to pay there bills like many people do, what do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
4 moms liked this

I think if your business failed and you are in debt and are scorning a job because of some misplaced pride issues then you are an idiot and deserve to go bankrupt.  If that's the kind of elitist attitude they have it's no wonder why their business failed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear it all the time from my ex... no way would he ever work for that wage, he's too good for it, he's waiting for what he knows he's worth to go work.... blah blah blah.... 

All that said while he owes me over $9,000 in back child support...... 

I was a single mom for my son's first 2.5 years and I held many jobs I was "too good" for - but you know what? They paid the bills! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I'm glad my dh doesn't feel that way. He makes $45+ an hour.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Yes, millions in this country now believe this, especially the younger generation, who has been coddled since birth. 

Pay your *&*^ bills!

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody cares what any anon. husbands makes. Shit even if you weren't anon. we wouldn't care.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad my dh doesn't feel that way. He makes $45+ an hour.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Quoting jbirdsladie27:

stfu. You don't even have a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I just recently became unemployed. I would scrub tilets if they wanted me to, and I have a college degree!

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Nope & I don't need one but I'm not blabbing what DH makes :) maybe if you weren't anon it would be more credible

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

stfu. You don't even have a job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Haha my husband says the same about me. Hes always like " you dont want to wprk for someone else. " he wants to make our own business. I just want to get out of the house. I'm a sahm.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I know my market value. I am able to list a three dozen reasons why it makes sense to pay me what I tell you to pay me.  However, if nobody is hiring at my original retail value, I am not too proud to discount myself temporarily if it means getting my bills paid. There is a big difference between knowing my value, and being too stupid to do what I have to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)