Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The kid has no volume control!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

He is about to turn four and suddenly he yells, doesn't know that he is yelling. He also runs, overall just very intense.

he keeps waking his sister up. When he gets in trouble he is just much louder, because he melts down, it is taking all my strength to not spank him. I won't spank, especially when I am angry. I sent him down to the basement/ playroom, and he is so bloody loud that I can hear his playing as if he were next to me! grrrrr

Any tips on how to get him to calm down?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
you should give him a reason to cry. (haha sorry . my dad used to say that) he sounds like a brat. you need to teach him how to play quietly. how to control his emotions. what is okay and what is not when he is upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not uncommon at that age. Just keep calmly reminding him to use his indoor voice. Take him outside for a few minutes every hour or two for "yelling time." Tell him THAT is his time to be loud and once you go back in he needs to return to an indoor voice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM

just constant reminders to quiet down... use inside voices, etc. good luck

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM
He sounds like a brat? Seriously? He sounds like a normal almost four year old boy. OP, ignore this ignorant reply. Your child is perfectly normal; just a rowdy boy.

Quoting Anonymous:

you should give him a reason to cry. (haha sorry . my dad used to say that) he sounds like a brat. you need to teach him how to play quietly. how to control his emotions. what is okay and what is not when he is upset.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A_McCool
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I don't know what to do about it because I do the same thing.   I'll be talking, and I just suddenly get really loud.  I cannot tell that I'm doing it; I sound normal to me.  My husband will usually tell me if I'm doing it with a hand gesture (open palm toward floor) so he doesn't have to interrupt what I'm saying. 

SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

oh my 4 yr old is the same she yell talks every word she says.

i have tried and tried and tried! to get he to do the whole inside voice thing.

no. so now during Ayo naps i distract her with quiet stuff like craft and a movie. so she sits infront of telly painting.

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM
My middle son is like that. He always has been and he will be 6 next month. Just an extremely loud person....and its his normal voice! He isn't purposefully yelling.

But lord, it its frustrating! Sorry I'm no help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM

This is exactly it, and if you tell him he needs to quiet down, he starts whispering so softly that you can't hear him.

Quoting RadnRem:

My middle son is like that. He always has been and he will be 6 next month. Just an extremely loud person....and its his normal voice! He isn't purposefully yelling.

But lord, it its frustrating! Sorry I'm no help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)