Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I DO NOT LET MY 9 YEAR OLD DD.................

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

I DO NOT LET MY 9 YEAR OLD DD HAVE SLEEP OVERS AT HER FRIENDS HOUSE. SHE HAS HAD A BEST FRIEND SINCE KINDERGARTEN AND WE LIVED RIGHT NEXT TO HER AND EVERYTHING WAS OK SHE WAS ALLOWED TO SLEEP OVER BUT THEN THEY MOVED ABOUT 10 MILES AWAY. AND I DONT ALLOW IT ANYMORE. THE STEP DAD IS A LITTLE CREEPY. AND I AM SCARED FOR HER SAFETY. ONCE SHE WAS GONNA HAVE A SLEEP OVER AT A FRIENDS FOR HER BIRTHDAY AND I DROPPED HER OFF AND THE DAD WAS IN THE LIVING ROOM, AND HE CREEPED ME OUT A LITTLE SO A FEW HOURS LATER I WENT TO PICK HER UP. I AM JUST SCARED SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN TO HER AND HER LIFE WILL BE RUINED. SHE HAS TWO BIRTHDAY SLEEP OVERS COMING UP THIS WEEKEND HER BFFS AND ANOTHER GIRLS. I AM ONLY LETTING IT HAPPEN SINCE HER COUSIN WILL BE AT ONE AND OTHER FRIENDS WILL BE AT ANOTHER. I GUESS I WATCH TO MUCH TV. SHE SAYS I AM TO OVERPROTECTIVE. WELL SHE CAN HAVE SOME FREEDOM IN MIDDLE SCHOOL.  TWO OF MY SISTERS WERE RAPPED WHEN THEY WERE TEENS AND I HAVE SEEN WHAT IT HAS DONE TO THEM.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM
37 moms liked this

or the opposite.... when someone is yelling at you, you see their name in ALL CAPS in your head!

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I think mothers should always go with their gut feeling, you said the guy was creepy, my kid wouldn't be sleeping there either!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandy418
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand. But I have learned if you are too protective it will backfire. Also do you know you can look up online every sex offender in your area and other area's too.

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Why are you yelling?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Ummmmm.....okay.

I don't understand why it will suddenly be different when she reaches middle school age though.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Why are you yelling? And exactly how was the guy creepy?
MicheleJM
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Quoting mommy_me:

Why are you yelling?

This, and what is your point to this whole thing?  If you don't trust the family then you don't.  It's your business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US????

nebcutie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I understand with what you have been through with your sisters, i think you should put your dd in some self defence classes. It might help you a little knowing she can defend herself.
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I am a very relaxed parent but I always go with my gut. If you don't feel good about the step dad, keep her home. Is the SD new to the picture?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)