Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living healthy?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

How do I feed my family right now its just dh and myself with one on the way healthier options while sticking to my budget of 250 a month. I love cooking but dh is picky and doesnt really like to try new things. He loves junk becuase thats what he grew up on. I prefer to use my slow cooker right now if that helps. I mainly need an idea of different recipes that you use. I mainly by on sale meats but they are the lower end cuts which really suck. Dh is also trying to lose weight. So how can I spend less time in the kitchen, cook healthier, sneak in veggies and still stick to a budget of 250 a month. I'm in TX if that helps at all.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chi_moma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Sounds like my DH and the crap food! I make a healthy chili in my crockpot. Lots of veggies and healthy goodness lol DH loves it and its healthy, easy and quick. 

Whisperywind
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I would honestly tell him if he wants to lose weight he better be on board about giving up junk.

Google exactly what you want like - healthy recipes for slow cooker on a budget or cheap healthy meals for crockpot - stuff like that.

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quoting chi_moma:

Sounds like my DH and the crap food! I make a healthy chili in my crockpot. Lots of veggies and healthy goodness lol DH loves it and its healthy, easy and quick. 

What do you put in it. It drives me nuts. If he could he would eat pizza every night even though he loves salads. Its just irritating becuase thats not how I was raised.

chi_moma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Yeah, I was raised with everything made from scratch lol

i use red kidney beans, ground meat (usually bison but beef works too!) red onion, corn, roasted tomato or just tomato sauce, some bell pepper and spices. 

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting chi_moma:

What do you put in it. It drives me nuts. If he could he would eat pizza every night even though he loves salads. Its just irritating becuase thats not how I was raised.

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM

THat sounds really good honestly. I might try that. How much of each do u put in.

Quoting chi_moma:

i use red kidney beans, ground meat (usually bison but beef works too!) red onion, corn, roasted tomato or just tomato sauce, some bell pepper and spices. 

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting chi_moma:

chi_moma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM

2 cans of corn, about 1/2lb of the beans, 1lb of meat, 1/4 of a whole onion. I love bell pepper so I usually end up with 2-3 in there lol if you use the canned beans and corn, just remember not to drain them, it adds more flavor to the chili :)

Quoting poeticrose09:

THat sounds really good honestly. I might try that. How much of each do u put in.

Quoting chi_moma:

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting chi_moma:

poeticrose09
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM

There anything else that you make that is really easy and cheap like that?

Quoting chi_moma:

2 cans of corn, about 1/2lb of the beans, 1lb of meat, 1/4 of a whole onion. I love bell pepper so I usually end up with 2-3 in there lol if you use the canned beans and corn, just remember not to drain them, it adds more flavor to the chili :)

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting chi_moma:

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting chi_moma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)