Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You cheated...but he's engaged already? (Still haven't called her back)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My sister in law just left me a VM crying her eyes out and for the life of me I can't figure out what I should say to her. so I figured I'd ask the ladies here first before I call her back.

I'll try to list all the details as quickly and shortly as I can.

She met her husband in 98, their daughter was born in 00, they got married in 03. Their son was born in 08.

She cheated not once but twice and didn't get caught until the second time in 10. The divorce was finalized 8 months later but before it was, both my sister in law AND her soon to be ex were seeing other people. Him happening to be with their daughter's cheerleading coach, ten years his junior (blonde, tan, no kids, big and perky fake boobs and barbie looking nothing like my sister in law who is short, red haired and has the manliest jawline ever seen) Well, barbie moved in with the exhusband, sister in law got her own apartment and on their 1 year anniversary last month the exhusband and barbie got engaged with a very impressive looking rock. Sister in law, who claimed to be over it and happy with her 3rd boyfriend since the cheating and divorce called me bawling. I don't really care for her and put up with her because I'm married to her brother. Personally I think that's what she gets for cheating, I'm happy her exhusband seems to have found something better but I'll admit I'm worried how all of these swift and sudden changes are affecting their poor kids. What should I SAY???????
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eoewan
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Tell her to go talk to a grief counsellor. She is obviously not over the relationship.

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Nods and there-there's are usually all they want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

That's the way the cookie crumbles. Shouldn't have cheated. Just don't say anything.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Wow. Well she ruined her marriage. No sympathy. She needs to move on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't like her enough, I feel like telling her to worry how this is messing up their fucking kids.

Quoting Unoriginal.:

smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
All she wants to hear is what a bastard he is. I wouldn't personally call her back, but if you want to deal with it... that's what she is looking for.
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Tell her to get therapy. It will all be ok and she will find someone and be just peachy:)
She fucked up, yes we all do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3jam
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Say nothing. She probably just wants to vent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM
that's what i mean, i have no sympathy for her. not even for her ex husband who certainly seems to be wasting no time.

Quoting Mychele:

Wow. Well she ruined her marriage. No sympathy. She needs to move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Really? How is this messing up her kids??????

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't like her enough, I feel like telling her to worry how this is messing up their fucking kids.

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)