Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm babysitting Satan. Hep!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

My husband and I gifted his sister and her husband with finance classes. It's 9 classes altogether and we agreed to babysit their 2 children while they are at class. They have a DS who is almost 6 and a DD that is 4. Their DS is Satan.

A quick summary of the highlights of our first babysitting venture. He kicked my dog in the face and claimed it tried to bite him. (I watched he went up to the dog and kicked it.) He grabbed whatever toy my DS (2) and his sister were playing with. Didn't matter if he wanted it or not he was just grabbing things from them. He pushed my DS into a wall. Smacked his sister repeatedly. He was sticking his finger in all the food (I started serving family style but quickly had to take command of the food so he'd stop touching it). I attempted to put him in time out but he kept screaming that he didn't have to listen to me and would not stay in time out. I ended up physically blocking him in a corner for 5 minutes. Oh, and I caught him spitting into our fish tank.

8 classes and therefore babysitting committments to go. WTH am I supposed to do with this kid?

I know you are going to say, "talk to his parents". I did tell them about his behavior. They didn't even apologize or look ashamed.

It's also not a problem with my rules or firmness. I always mean what I say and am willing to put action to words. He simply won't listen, respect boundaries, be rational.

HELP!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Have your DH watch your kids and go over to their house alone and let the demon trash his own house, break his own stuff, and mistreat his own pets. Then you can smile and go home and leave the fires that he started for his own mom to deal with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM

We did ask if they'd like it to be at our house or theirs and they picked ours. Now I know why............

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Have your DH watch your kids and go over to their house alone and let the demon trash his own house, break his own stuff, and mistreat his own pets. Then you can smile and go home and leave the fires that he started for his own mom to deal with.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Tell them that you changed your mind and it would be easier at their house
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kewimom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Sounds like they know what a brat he is and they don't know how to work with him.  Maybe they need parenting classes too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Do they do "scared straight" programs for 5 year olds?

Jers.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this

There is always duct tape!

I would tell them that it's just not working out at your house and you can only watch them at their house for the rest of their classes

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

no, let him go watch his sister's kids.  it is his sister after all. the rest i agree with. 

Quoting illinoismommy83:

smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I like the idea of separating the kids. Have your husband watch the "good" kids and you wrangle the little fireball at their house. Maybe separate he won't try to show out so much.
annasew
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM

if your dh is there and can help, I suggest one of you keeping the 6 yr old entertained and separated from the rest of the kids.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
7 moms liked this
Duct tape
Zippy ties
Gorilla glue
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)