Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funny Story....well for me and DH anyways....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

So my husband normally gets up an hour before I do for work. His first alarm starts going off around 4:15am and normally he hits snooze at least 3 times before getting out of bed. 

Well last week, I heard his alarm going off but it didnt faze me, I figured he was going to hit snooze and go back to bed. Well....I heard him turn his alarm off, sit up in bed and the next thing I know he cold cocks me right in the cheek. I literally screamed at the top of my lungs as I was in complet shock and honestly it hurt a little. I'm screaming at him "WTF is your problem" and he kept saying OMG I am so sorry. I guess he was having a dream that he was arguing with some guy, and the guy went to go after him and mh hubby grabbed his shirt and punched him in the face.....but in reality it was me that he hit. He was still asleep....thought I was the guy and well yeah. 

He felt so terrible about it, he checked my face right away to make sure I was okay, kept hugging me, and then I just started laughing my ass off. Like really? I have been with you 7 years and this is the first time you have so much raised a hand to me....and I get punched in the face. LMAO. I keep giving him shit about it....and he says sorry everyday and how stupid he feels and so on. I told him if it ever happens again, he is sleeping in the other room. It could have been so much worse....I told him how awful it would have been if he ended up busting my lip or nose...try explaining that to the hospital. OMG....how frickin embarrassing! 

Dont get me wrong...it was scary at first bc I had no idea what was going on....but seriously...he is the most gentle man in the world...has never even gotten into a fight in real life...kinda dorky actually, and this happens. lol

FYI the ladies that are going to comment about him being abusive (bc its only a matter of time) I have been with him 7 years,  he doesn't so much as even raise his voice to me, let alone EVER raise a hand to me. This was something that was a crazy fluke. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Bump!
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

oh... your poor DH.. lol

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM
This happens to dh if he is under unusual amounts of stress or is really ill. He has a problem with the natural sleep paralysis not occuring in him and he can act out what he is doing in very vivid dreams.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I would find that alittle bit funny myself.  I have kicked my hubby in my sleep before.  He says its fine as long as I don't hit the family jewels.

TaylorBaby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

hahhaaha that sucks, my DH did that one time. we had been drinking the nightbefore and i gave my firend who stayed the night my pillow. so DH and i shared one. well i woke him up at some point and asked him to get me some water. he raised his head up because "he heard something" apparently not me, and then slammed his head on my nose. i swear to god he broke it. i yelped liek a dog and cried hysterically and he just giggles and fell back asleep. he had no idea what he did until the next morning. he felt horrible but couldn't stop laughing.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Oh man....funny, but DAMN. I've caught a few good shots here and there, and dished a couple myself while dreaming crazy shit. 

unusualmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM
This happened to us once too. Its more common than people think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM
My dh punches himself in his sleep. Has a constant bruise on the side of his face since I've known him. HE did multiple sleep studies. Doctors think he has self hate. Poor Guy :(

A few months ago dh was tickling me and I punched him in the throat by accident :( I felt so bad I started crying :(
happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Lol, mine doesn't dream often, but when he does it's pretty physical.  I woke up one time and he was kicking the crap out of me....He was dreaming of playing soccer.  I had to wear long pants for a week while the bruises faded!  Now the dog sleeps between us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Lmao.... I am so glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I had a very small (like smaller then a dime) bruise on my upper cheek but that was it. I am just glad he didn't hit my eye or nose.... Going to work that day would not of been good. He blames it on the puppies we were fostering lol he's like ever since we got the darn pups I have been having weird dreams lol I'm a little pissed my 93 pound shepherd didn't do anything.... I told him I'm going to train her to attack him lol that way it will never happen again! Ha ha!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)