Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This kid drives me crazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I enjoy short visits with my boyfriend's kid. She's five and she's a girl: so there's tea parties and princess stuff. But every time she comes down, her mom convienantly forgets to pack clothes to wear or clothes that fit or seasonally appropriate clothes. There's no shoes except for heels and furry boots. There's diapers because her mom refuses to potty train her. So that is always the first half of the visit: buying the kid clothes. Then the week turns into two weeks. Then three weeks. Then my boyfriend wants to fight for custody again which I'm good with if we can keep her. But this half a year thing will not work if we have to spend three months of our six straightening the kid out again.

Her biomom is too busy for her, so her grandmom takes care of her. They're rich and they let this kid run the house. She has no manners. She eats what she wants. She fights being bathed or put to bed. She is a massive consumer junkie who expects everything she sees. She only just stopped taking a bottle. No patience, no virtue, no discipline. If you go near the tv she wants to watch it and it must be on her show. She tortures my dogs. She tries to boss around my bio sons. She gives me nasty looks and flips me off. She throws plates of food. And she throws these horrendous screaming tantrums. And she might live with us?

I'm against spanking, but boy does this kid need a swift kick in the butt. It'll be a full time job just to get her from monster to a little girl. She goes back to her mom this weekend while the court rheuminates over rescinding the current custody agreement (they were living out of country, so the biomom had full custody). I'm not looking forward to this fight. I'm willing to foot it for my guy and for the kid, but I am not happy in the least.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)