Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She won't talk to me, was I a b****face. Update/edit!!!!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies
So my friend has a little girl who's completely normal, she's loud and in the mine phase, she gets physical and screams and yells. Her mother doesn't punish her though, which is a problem.

I made a post about this not long ago actually.

Well my dd is the complete opposite, she's quiet, shy and very sensitive. Both girls are normal.

Well she had been coming over to my house for playmates and her dd would terrorize(sp?) my dd. my friend would at most scream across the room to knock it off, which made my dd think she was in trouble. Well it was seriously affecting my dd to be around this child. She was sad and would start yelling...

I came to the conclusion that maybe it was my friends dd that was the problem. After not hanging out with them for two days, my dd is back to normal. Well my friend text me asking to have a playdate, obviously I couldn't let that happen.

So I simply told her that my dd isn't ready to have rambunctious friends and that her dd was slightly intimidating to my dd. that they could play together when they got a little older.

Well now she's mad at me. Was I harsh? I couldn't think of anything else to say and I can't have my dd around somebody who's mean to her like that...

Added information, my friend has called asking for the past few days, she asked why I kept saying no.

Our girls are both two.

She just text me and asked if her and Char could come over.. What do I saw now!?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Bump
imultracool
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Your friend just sounds overly sensitive. You know how some parents can be; their precious angels are perfect and how dare you say any different.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM
So I wasn't to harsh? I mean honestly though, of my child acted like that and I didn't realize, I would want somebody to tell me.

Quoting imultracool:

Your friend just sounds overly sensitive. You know how some parents can be; their precious angels are perfect and how dare you say any different.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM
7 moms liked this
Yeah. You blew that one, I'd be so offended by that, even if it was true. You could've handled it way, way better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM
What should I have said?

Quoting MommyAddie:

Yeah. You blew that one, I'd be so offended by that, even if it was true. You could've handled it way, way better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

You could have just said, no. I would have said, I really do not think my child is ready for play dates. Than if the mother asked why, than I would have said something about it. I think you may have been a little rude to just throw it out there like that.

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
3 moms liked this

No not harsh at all,I say you know whats best for your LIL one and that's that. She'll either get over it or not,either way you did what was best for your DD period !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
She did ask why, this is the third time I've blown her off.

Quoting Anonymous:

You could have just said, no. I would have said, I really do not think my child is ready for play dates. Than if the mother asked why, than I would have said something about it. I think you may have been a little rude to just throw it out there like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this

yea you were harsh. Damn. You didn't have to give her a reason for not wanting to have a playdate, you could have just said, sorry no time now, maybe another time... and then just ignore her from then on

And do you realize, when your dd goes to school, she could very likely be treated that way from other children? Teach your dd to be assertive and stand up for herself, otherwise she will go through life being pushed around. You can't be there forever to save her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)