Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick help PLEASE!!!! Does any one know?...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
So in a desperate attempt to find a job, I've applied pretty much everywhere. So I applied at a health fitness club, to a "promoter". The job description read:

"This is a part time position, 5 to 20 hrs a week coordinating & conducting promotions for a full service, high end health club..."

So I was called in for an interview TODAY! I'm happy about getting called, but I have no idea what I applied for! Does any one know what that job entails??? Is it a scam? What does a "health club promoter" do???

TIA!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Bump!!!
momof3jam
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

My brother had this job.

You're basically doing sales. You get people to come in to the gym, and you most likely get commission... It's not a "scam" per se, but sales. I personally would just take it til I find something else...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
That's what I figured -_-
I hope it's not just commission, the job description also said it would be 9$ an hour.. But a job's a job so I hope this works out!

Thank you!

Quoting momof3jam:

My brother had this job.

You're basically doing sales. You get people to come in to the gym, and you most likely get commission... It's not a "scam" per se, but sales. I personally would just take it til I find something else...

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

They want you to sell memberships.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)