Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do I contact? *CS and tax related*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My ex is over 5,000 in arrears with child support. This doesn't include fees and interest, which here in oregon, you have to file for separately. He has not filed his taxes in 5 years (this year if he doesn't file, it will be 6) because he does not want to have them give me his refund. He does not make regular payments. When the DA finds out where he works, he quits so that they won't garnish his check. He has moved and changed his number numerous times to avoid being found. I've been in contact with the DA child support here, and they said they can't do anything about him not filing. They have threatened to take his DL away, but he only has a permit so he doesn't care (27 years old).

My question is, can I contact anyone in the IRS to tell them he has not filed for so long? Do they care? Will they audit him? Should I just forget about it all?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Bump?
Jers.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM

If he doesn't file taxes, the IRS files for it for him and makes it so he isn't owed a refund.  If he owed taxes, then it would be a different story.  The IRS does not go looking for people they owe tax refund to.

My ex hasn't filed in over ten years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
The IRS files for people? That's weird. My bother didn't file for like 7-8 years and he got audited. They ended up owing him around $40. (Lol I know, big check huh?)

Quoting Jers.:

If he doesn't file taxes, the IRS files for it for him and makes it so he isn't owed a refund.  If he owed taxes, then it would be a different story.  The IRS does not go looking for people they owe tax refund to.

My ex hasn't filed in ten years.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jers.:

My ex hasn't filed in ten years.

qtf: the IRS doesn't file for people.

calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I'm not sure if there is really anything you can do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I can not believe the IRS has not found out yet. Once I forgot to file a 2,000 retirement thing I took out and they where on my ass the next year! I would call could not hurt to try!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
IRS will catch up eventually,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
That's what I thought too. He always manages to slip through the cracks though.

Quoting Sunshine2plus2:

I can not believe the IRS has not found out yet. Once I forgot to file a 2,000 retirement thing I took out and they where on my ass the next year! I would call could not hurt to try!

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM

If he gets a refund, I do not imagine they would be that interested. I mean, that is cash they are not giving back to him, you know?

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Yep they sure do.

Quoting Anonymous:

IRS will catch up eventually,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)