Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who would eat raw meat?! So gross!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Ok. Now that your attention has been won. Lol. I want to know if anyone has had steak tartare? My husband is wanting to try and I'm very leery because, well, I've always been taught you do not eat raw meat or raw eggs. And this dish has both. If you have had this, please tell me more. Did you like it? Did you make it yourself or go out to a restaurant that served it? Would you or did you have it again?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I ate it at a restaurant. It's not bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I LOVE steak tartare...so delicious! My SO makes a beef tataki dish with homemade ponzu sauce and it's amazing...we also get it at our favorite sushi restaurant...and another restaurant back home makes a tartare with homemade balsamic reduction, on a baguette, with dijon mustard, onions and capers...it's soooooooooo good...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Haven't tried it and won't for that reason, however in answer to your original question, my MIL. MIL eats raw meat. Just pulls it out of the package and snacks on it while cooking it. I told her she shouldn't and could get sick from that and she was genuinely startled and said she never heard of that before.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Ground meat or cuts of meat?

Quoting Anonymous:

Haven't tried it and won't for that reason, however in answer to your original question, my MIL. MIL eats raw meat. Just pulls it out of the package and snacks on it while cooking it. I told her she shouldn't and could get sick from that and she was genuinely startled and said she never heard of that before.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM

You should have the tartar app at Crave, in Mt. P...

Quoting winkyloafer:

I ate it at a restaurant. It's not bad.

nerdymom28
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't eat raw meat. Can't get my mind past the ick factor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM
My title "question" was to grab attention. Lol. But that is kinda gross. And she could get sick if it's not high quality meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
How do you get over the raw meat fact? Lol.

Quoting LucyMom08:

I LOVE steak tartare...so delicious! My SO makes a beef tataki dish with homemade ponzu sauce and it's amazing...we also get it at our favorite sushi restaurant...and another restaurant back home makes a tartare with homemade balsamic reduction, on a baguette, with dijon mustard, onions and capers...it's soooooooooo good...

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM

It's never really bothered me...I love sushi, and it's really no different...and it tastes good :) 'Weird' foods don't really get into my head, kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you get over the raw meat fact? Lol.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I love it. I had a friend who is a chef make it for me at his home.  

Also, I was that weird kid that ate raw hamburger meat back in the day. Don't judge me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)