Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did I just do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I lost my job on Friday. Came home to find out that my son stole 40 dollars off of the teachers desk. He has been punished. The bus driver took the money to return it to the teacher. The assistant principal just called me. He said that the teacher is not missing any money. That he is going to send the money to me. I told him that I don't think the money is mine. To hold the money in the office and see if anyone claims it. Or donate it for supplies. Now I'm wondering why I didn't just take the money. I just lost my job. We could have used it. Why did I handle the situation that way? I feel stupid.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clp0930
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM

you're a good person, I hope you find a job soon

MrsFlores_2006
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM

so what really happen to the money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I don't know. Scratching my head on that one!

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

so what really happen to the money?

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Because you're honest?

I would have automatically said it wasnt mine either...(if it wasnt)

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Because you didn't think about it you just reacted, and that's what an honest good person you are !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

how did they come up with your son stealing $40 in the first place?? And how did your son get $40??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM
He had the forty dollars on the bus. Told the bus driver that a classmate took it off of the teachers desk and gave it to him. Then he said that he took it of of the desk. He also told me that Chris took it off the desk.

He is 5 and in kindergarten.

Quoting Anonymous:

how did they come up with your son stealing $40 in the first place?? And how did your son get $40??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

ohhh okay. Well then, apparently a kid to the money off of someone's desk.. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

He had the forty dollars on the bus. Told the bus driver that a classmate took it off of the teachers desk and gave it to him. Then he said that he took it of of the desk. He also told me that Chris took it off the desk.

Quoting Anonymous:

akrall83
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
You did the right thing, no reason to question your sanity.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
He has been punished since Friday because he failed to do the right thing and give the teacher the money.

Could the teacher deny ownership of the money because she's embarrassed? Even Chris says the money came from the teachers desk. Chris is our neighbor and my sons classmate.

Quoting Anonymous:

ohhh okay. Well then, apparently a kid to the money off of someone's desk.. haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)