Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husbands school security idea

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Wondering if I'm the only one that thinks its awesome. Lol. Now my kid's school is locking all the individual classroom doors for security for the time being during class. My husband said there should be like a master lockdown switch where all the doors automatically lock in the event of an intruder. It's not safe to leave them locked constantly because of fire etc i don't think.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnjohnson5
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I think that is an awesome idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Bump
Stacey2506
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
3 moms liked this

My mom works at the front desk at a school. She has that sort of button that locks all the doors. Problem is if a shooter comes in, shoots her in the head, she goes down and button does no good. She has brought this up many times that the FRONT door needs to be locked at all times and she will determine who gets buzzed in or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
The school already had a front door buzzer for the secretary to buzz people in.

Quoting Stacey2506:

My mom works at the front desk at a school. She has that sort of button that locks all the doors. Problem is if a shooter comes in, shoots her in the head, she goes down and button does no good. She has brought this up many times that the FRONT door needs to be locked at all times and she will determine who gets buzzed in or not.

Stacey2506
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Fine. The secretary buzzes the guy in, then shoots her in the head. The idea only works if the person hits the button BEFORE the shooter gets in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Stacey2506:

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM

whoa whoa hold the phones..... The front door isnt locked at all times with a camera system to buzz a person in??????

Quoting Stacey2506:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

if a child is outside of the classroom they would be locked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying but sandy hook had a buzzer too. The front door is glass. It could be shot out. There could be various ways to set off the lock down alarm. Like if the front glass was shot out the system could automatically go on lock down.

Quoting Stacey2506:

Fine. The secretary buzzes the guy in, then shoots her in the head. The idea only works if the person hits the button BEFORE the shooter gets in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Stacey2506:

Stacey2506
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Nope. And she is also livid that they have NO cameras on the front door either. Yes, she is afraid.

Quoting 428pm:

whoa whoa hold the phones..... The front door isnt locked at all times with a camera system to buzz a person in??????

Quoting Stacey2506:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
That is a good point.

Quoting Anonymous:

if a child is outside of the classroom they would be locked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)