Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
First, this isn't a bash against atheists or people who don't believe in a God whatsoever as I lean that way.

What if no religion is the 'right' religion but every religion is the same? They all have the same 'theme' (worshipping a God) and they all have the same values so to speak. So what if?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I'm pretty sure satanism is the opposite of Christianity, catholicism..ect..ect..

100_2740_zps5829069a-1_zpsb5588e7c
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Keep living in that fairytale world. Kumbaya

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
No religion is the right religion unless you believe it's the right religion. They are NOT all the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I believe that in basic forms that religion is the same. I'm Mormon tough and we believe that you have to be baptized on earth by men who hold the priesthood to be able to go to "Heaven". I do believe that. I think that you can be religious and spiritual and not be my religion. And who knows, I could be wrong. I don't think so but I'll know eventually.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I'm of the opinion that if there WAS  a god (I'm atheist), then it would be the same one...unless millions of different gods were running around, creating people willy-nilly style...

rosaleeandtwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I already feel that way.  I think if there is a supreme being, then all religions are a path to it, not the "only way" to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no God in Satanism, so that doesn't apply.

Quoting skittlefart:

I'm pretty sure satanism is the opposite of Christianity, catholicism..ect..ect..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Personally, I think religious fervor is a neurochemical reaction. We're all human, so it must all be a metaphysical interpretation of "us", right? Same God.

mcwife86
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM

well..my spiritual outlook is that it doesn't matter because we all end up in the same place after we cross over. so the atheist would be just fine.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I believe that all religions are different roads to the same place. Like we are all trying to get to the top of the mountain and we all will eventually, but we are on different paths to get there...some go the winding around and around path, others go straight up the mountain side, and heck maybe some even tunnle thru to the middle of the mountain then go straight up....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)