Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you put toys away when certain kids come over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My dd is 4 (birthday is today) and the only kids she can play with around our apartment complex live next door. They are 3 and 5. They aren't bad kids but sometimes they play rough. My dd had a doll stroller and the little boy (3) likes to sit in it and its not made for that. He tears the fabric and I've replaced it twice already. I've had to hide the play dough because they squish the colors all together and you have to put rainbows back into the canisters.

If I tell them not to do this stuff they listen for a couple of days then its back to the same. If I tell them they cant play at my house that's also punishing my dd when she didn't do anything wrong. Those are the only kids around. If I say something to their mother she says something along the lines of "kids will be kids".

My dd got some new toys (including doll stroller) for her birthday and since I knew the kids would stay and play I put the toys away until later. Their mom is upset because I wont let them play with the new toys. Am I wrong? Should I let them play with them?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I hide my sons toys when certain kids come over. My son takes very good care of his stuff, others don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Never been in that situation since my daughter never liked toys.  But if I was, I probably would put them up.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I close their bedroom door and that makes it off limits.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I do the same thing. I have to hide DD's colours and books, most of her toys, and her laptops. My youngest nephew is jealous of.her, so he destroys anything of.hers he can get his.grubby little paws on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)