Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So let me get this straight. edit

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 47 Replies

Americans:

-pay thousands for hospitals unless they pay for insurance.

-have a min. wage somewhere near 7$ per hour

-give money, healthcare AND food stamps to welfare recipiants.

SO, do welfare recipiants get more than that?

and wouldnt it make more sense to eliminate food stamps and reduce health costs?

edit

I was under the wrong belief that hospitals were government owned as it is here, having cleared that up I understand a bit better.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Pretty much, yeah.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM
We have health insurance provided by my husbands company and we pay nothing...

It's not the same everywhere in America. It depends on the area and the employers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM

In theory but many on food stamps have state paid health care too. I am open to getting lower cost health care though. 

Christy644
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Yup. Sums it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Not ALL wefare recipiants get money, healthcare & food stamps. Some get just one thing, some get all. I *gasp* was on FS for a few months & that was all we got. No money. no healthcare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

What I think should happen is Welfare recipients should have their tax checks garnished, and have it dispursed back to the government to go to other important issues or to reducing the debt America has. 

If you are receiving free food/cash/medical care, there is no need to be given thousands of dollars once a year to help you along, when clearly you don't need it. If you do need it, then I suggest getting a second job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It would make entirely too much sense to eliminate corporate welfare, and health care scams, but we are a nation that scoffs in the face of reason, apparently.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM

PA depends on each person's individual income. We wouldn't be able to know what everyone gets. I'm not sure, but these things can surely be proposed to the officials in charge Im sure.

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM

thats what I dont understand, base on income.  Here if you HAVE an income, ANY income, you dont get welfare.

And even then you get a cheque and a drug card, thats it.  You get the bare minimum and all the free employment coaching you could ever need.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

PA depends on each person's individual income. We wouldn't be able to know what everyone gets. I'm not sure, but these things can surely be proposed to the officials in charge Im sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Not necessarily because I have insurance that I contribute hundreds of dollars to each month and I still end up with a hospital bill, if one of us has to go.

Not all welfare recipients get the same "help."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)