Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls are born with long hair and boys are bald

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Thats what the cashier at the store thinks
I go to stop and shop and the cashier says "aww how cute a boy right?" I say no she's a girl and she says "ooo it must be because she's bald!!"
Yeah that's it i didnt realize girls were born with long golden locks nevermind the purple car seat, hearts on her shirt and earrings totally make her look like boy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimlee
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM

i got that all the time with my daughter she was always in pink for that reason and still got the same reaction. funny thing is one day she wore a blue outfit that her aunt got her and someone said cute girl. lol If i cant tell what the baby is, I just say aww  what a cutie

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

oh lord. whatever! i WANTED a little bald baby with peach fuzz! they always just look more like "babies". they look so much older with hair. Low and behold, both my kids (boy and girl) were born with a big mass of hair. I never had anyone assume my son was girl though just for the mop of hair. that is asinine. 

heartagram_girl
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

LOL I didnt know one gender had a way of being born with hair or without hair. BTW, my nephew was born with a head full of bright red hair. Some people just dont think!

CafeMom Tickers
kandie63
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM
My grandson is bald, and people ask if he's a girl despite the blue carseat, blue stroller, blue coat, etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM

my b/g twins were mistaken for boys all the time...my son was born with a headfull of curls and his sister was bald as a cue ball...in my culture we shave the baby'shead on their first birthday.. I chose not todo that and was asked by6 amlost everyone at my temple why I shaved my dd's head and not my son's...she didnt have hair until she was 3...even when she was in a pink car seat, with fluff and bows on she 3 was called a boy...one time this lady came to us and said, "Oh twins! Both boys?" dd was in a yellow dress with lady bugs on it, my dh said, "yes they are, but we wanted a girl so we are forcing gender identity on this one" She drew her self upand yelled at dh,"You are an awful man!" and stormed off...we almost wet ourselves laughing

PurplePieguy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

My 14 yr old was mistaken for a girl. He was bald when he was a baby, but as he got older his hair started to get super curly. I had him dressed in a blue shirt with rockets, jeans and blue/white shoes one day and this old lady commented that he was such a beautiful little girl. I just grinned and politely said thank you, but he's a little boy.

missymackie
by Hey Brother on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM
People are really stupid lol
justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Lol. I have 2 girls. 1 was bald and one had a full head of dark hair.
melisawoosley
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I had ds and he was dressed in a blue shirt, denim overalls, his little hat with a tractor on it, and baby workboots, covered up with a blue blanket that said Mommy's Boy on it....and someone said, "she's cute" o.O really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I get that all the time lol my DD is almost 15 months and shes still pretty much bald

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)