Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to hear from mom whose todder has had a barium enema xray

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 1 Replies

I've posted this in the toddler section and another section but no one replies...

My son will be 3 years old January 31st. He has been dealing with chronic constipation since he was around 6-8 months old.

Blood work came back normal. So now they are going to do a barium enema xray. That is next monday.

they don't sedate the child or put them to sleep ( wouldn't want them to anyways).

they said they just hold the child down. but I know how horrible my child has fought when just getting a regular enema to poop. So this worrys me.

Please if your toddler has went through a barium enema xray please give me all info on this as possible.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Are you going to a children's hospital? They tend to be a lot better with things like that. My son had a chest X-ray at a regular hospital shortly before turning one and it sucked. They put him in a restraint that held him upright and kept his arms away and he screamed a lot. A year later he was at the children's hospital for hernia treatment and they were so much better at keeping him calm and understanding that perhaps a toddler isn't going to do a great job lying still for an hour while someone squirts gel at his groin and scans it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)