Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it worth it?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 17 Replies
Losing friends over different parenting styles?
I'm not talking like bf vs ff...
I mean eating habits as a whole, like when to give solids, real milk, junk food...
Exercise habits, physical appearance...

If you're a "fit" mom, can you be friends with an obese mom if she's not trying to take care of herself?
If you're an "all natural" mom, can you be friends with a mom that feeds her kids (or babies) junk food and sugary drinks?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Bump
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Bump.
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I am drawn to people (as are most people) to people who are similar to me. So this isn't an issue. Of course they may do some things differently, but nothing drastic enough for me to not be friends with them anymore.

Hi_Rae
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I think it depends on the person. Personally as long as your not shoving your parenting styles down my throat I could careless, parent your children as you see fit
mary841108
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

no lol my best friend and I have been friends since we were 12, i mean inseparable lol, you would never see one without the other, we were each others maids of honor, we talk on the phone every day for like 2-3 hours and hang out 3-4 times a week while the kids are all in school. she is super freaking skinny and im a chunk. we both make sure we look good at all times but if she was feeding her kids soda and junk and i dont, im not going to stop talking to her. i cant imagine losing her as a friend, it would feel like losing a piece of me!

piesmama09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

If you are capable of minding your business then you can, otherwise no

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I do not judge my friends based on those kinds of lifestyles! Now, if you are a liar or a crappy person in general then I would not be your friend! If you just have different habits and views than me, then I can totally deal with that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I think that it works only if you were close before kids, even then it doesn't work sometimes. As for making new friends, I'm just naturally drawn to people like me. Things like what they eat isn't so much of a big deal, I'm not nosy like that, but I do like to do active things, so someone who doesn't enjoy those kinds of things probably wouldn't even cross paths with me. Ya know?

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Yes, but it would be hard to hang out with her while she's shoveling crap into her kids and mine can't have it.

momma-flynn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM
My friends & I all have our own parenting styles & differences. We can actually have civil conversations about what we do differently & why we chose to go that route without losing respect for eachother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)