Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awkward ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
So on Friday I guess my daughter's backpack zipper broke. I didn't realize it. I didn't pick her up I worked and my husband helped her with homework. Well today I noticed while getting her ready. She's 4 btw so I just said screw it just take it and i will get you one later. Well she came home with a new back pack from her teacher. Now I don't know if I should send money or send the backpack back or what! I don't want her to think I couldn't or wouldn't get her a bag i just didnt notice on time
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Bump
eoewan
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Buy a new one and send the teacher back the one she loaned.

cLanief
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Send it back when you fix the zipper or get a new one with a thank you to the teacher
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM
3mommyandwifey
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM
That is awkward. Send it back cuz she probably just loaned it to her. Give us a up date.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I'd be pissed. That teacher overstepped big time. Next thing you know you'll have cps down your back because of that busybody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Oh I didn't even think of that. She's always clean and well dressed. Just didnt have time to get a bag. I work full time and so does DH and I didn't even notice till this morning

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed. That teacher overstepped big time. Next thing you know you'll have cps down your back because of that busybody.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by 200 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Some teachers keep extra backpacks in their classroom, just in case something happens like this. Just get DD another backpack and send this one back or better yet take it back to the teacher and thank her for loaning DD a backpack

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

That was very sweet of her. I would suggest maybe a thank you card, and a $25 gift card to IHOP or Starbucks or something instead of cash.

Alliemad_3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Send it back with a nice thank you note.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)