Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

obamacare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So when is all of it suppose to go into effect? So far all I've heard is health insurance premiums rising, so where is this affordable healthcare? What about the nationally ran healthcare program? How does one qualify? Is it ran like Medicaid? How do we prevent ourselves from getting fined? Anyone up to explaining the deets?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autiemama516
by autismmommy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I have no idea but heres a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Thanks
Peytons_Mama09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Well. What I heard (for my place of work) only 2 employees are allowed more than 30 hours. Everyone else has to be below 25. It's gona cost like 70 bucks a week which I CANNOT afford. And if we don't get the insurance than the take more money out of your taxes. I heard its supposed to begin in 2014. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Interesting. So only thing changing this year is for employers and higher cost for people who pay for their coverage.

Quoting Peytons_Mama09:

Well. What I heard (for my place of work) only 2 employees are allowed more than 30 hours. Everyone else has to be below 25. It's gona cost like 70 bucks a week which I CANNOT afford. And if we don't get the insurance than the take more money out of your taxes. I heard its supposed to begin in 2014. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Peytons_Mama09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
That's how I see it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Interesting. So only thing changing this year is for employers and higher cost for people who pay for their coverage.

Quoting Peytons_Mama09:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont know the details but I already know its going to suck and we screwed up putting that man back in office! I cant believe people are FOR giving the government MORE control! ugh

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

The fine will increase yearly until 2016, but I'm not sure when it will be implemented.

There are quite a few companies putting their employees on p/t to avoid having to pay for insurance.

There are currently dozens of lawsuits pending against various aspects of the mandate, none of which have won injunctions but all of which are at various stages of being heard and at different levels of the legal system.

mcwife86
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM

here ya go. educate yourself.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Insurance premiums go up EVERY January so this is nothing new. We know every year that it's going to happen and my husband checks all of the insurance plans to make sure we are getting the best possible insurance coverage, no matter what the cost. Good health care is worth whatever we have to pay for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
All I know is that Obama friggin lied! My private insurance won't go up....my ass! It went up dso high that the company would've been charged tens of thousands more (less than 50 employees) for the exact same insurance. We had to lower the plan, which still costs more than last years premium, but with sucker care. We went from the ER copay being $100 to $250 and hospital stay being $1000 total to $1000 a DAY. So, our copays are higher and do is the premium. Bullshit Obama. Bullshit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)