Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I traded my corgi for *eta*

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 23 Replies

This handsome guy! My bestie couldn't handle him any more because he's too much dog her for and my hubby called dibs on him. She wanted a lap dog and he wanted something he could take hunting and fishing so we are all happy.

For everyone who thinks I did this on a whim and treated my dog like she was a trading card, fuck off! Apparently people don't read any other posts aside from the original and I find that asanine and pathetic! It's funny that my actual friends were behind me when we decided to make the trade, even tho many tears were shed on both sides of this. My corgi was a rescue from a puppy farm 4 years ago and even thought we loved her and gave her everything she could ever want, she was not happy and spent her days in her kennel, only interacting with us when she had to go outside to use the bathroom. Her new home has cows and horses that she can chase around, room to run, and my friend says she's very happy there. Our new pit bull has a man to wrestle around with and kids that aren't afraid to get down on the floor and play with him, which is something he didn't have at his old house. He spent most of his time in a kennel, and he wasn't happy.
The only reason that we made a trade was because my friends daughters liked the idea of having a dog, yet didn't want the responsibility of a big dog. Plus the pit didn't like being dressed up and treated like a doll.
Now I am aware that pit bulls aren't hunting dogs., and my husband isn't a hunter, but he does take his friends hunting, and hates to be alone in the truck. Now my husband has a companion to sit in the truck with him while he drives around, and they will both enjoy the company. I'm so sorry if I managed to offend anyone with super high standards. But seriously, the trade was for the best of all involved!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really odd. 

I could never trade my dog. Pets are part of the family, not trading cards :/

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I wouldnt trade my corgi ever. Shes the best dog ever and part of our family. How long did you have ypur dog before you swapped it?
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I could never trade my dog, I would have just taken them both LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM
This. It's odd to me that you both got dogs you were unhappy with and "traded". But I guess it's better than them both being abandoned at a shelter.

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

That's really odd. 

I could never trade my dog. Pets are part of the family, not trading cards :/

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You traded your dog? Wtf.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

This Post is NOT going to end well, lol

Good Luck OP

**walks out of post**

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Aww sweet. Glad the trade worked out for you all! Happy pups :)

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM
That's strange but as long as everyone involved is happy then so be it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM
You traded your dog? I hope you didn't have the Corgi very long...that would be so mean.
I don't think I'd get rid of my dog for a million dollars.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

That's strange my dogs are really like my kids and I wouldn't trade of of them because I wanted something different I mean yeah I think about it but would never do it .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)