Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in laws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My DH has always been a pushover when it comes to his family and even friends. We use to live in another state and it seemed our house was the go to spot when someone needed a place to sray. Hs family has stayed with us for months on end without contributing financially. Even food contribution was scarce. Helping around the house also didny happen often. It became a big problem between dh and I. We have since moved to a neighboring state and have been doing well together. There have been times where his little brothers have come to stay for short periods of time but with the understanding that it was not an option for long term. Recently due to Sandy his little brother stayed here for a long while. He even got a job. But again no contribution to the household. Dh and his brother got into an argument over this and he ended up leaving. Now his other brother has come for the weekend with his girlfriend. They don't seem to be leaving. It is now dinner and I do not have enough to feed these extra people. What should I do and how can I stop this from happening again?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Fuck that, its your house too. Stand up and tell them you need $ to get something for dinner or they don't eat. I understand where you are coming from. DH and I use to have the same fight over his brothers. But you have to just say enough is enough. You can't support everyone and you will make yourself miserable trying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My sil did that now they call her all sorts of names
Stacey2506
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Your fault for not putting your foot down the very 1st time. My dh wouldn't have the balls to have his friends/family trapsing through our house for weeks and months on end.

1likeme
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Who gives a shit if they call you names, from their house. Your concern is your home. Your DH is a doormat and you can help him recover.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)